z170 hero splitter!

danielhowk

Hi im using z170 hero. can i connect a Y splitter on every chasis_fan

2 fans on Y spliter into chasis_fan z170 hero ? and use up a total on 8 fans chasis_1 to chasis_4

im using noctua s_12b flx. 3pin fans

i have 2 splitter cable im not sure which to use ?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/svEAAOxyP4dTcTFF/$_1.JPG

NA-YC1 4pin header split to a 3pin & 4 pin as above image.

or 

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/12-987-007-TS?$S300W$

phanteks y splitter 3 pin header (that has only 2 wires exiting the header) split to 3 pin and 3 pin.

i got exactly both of the image above. which cable should i use ?

yes two fans are ok on one header

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yes two fans are ok on one header

which fan splitter should i use ?

which fan splitter should i use ?

any...?

if your fans are 4 pin, get a 4 pin splitter

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

any...?

if your fans are 4 pin, get a 4 pin splitter

my fans are 3 pins is it fine on a 4 pin splitter ? any downside compared to a 3pin splitter ?

my fans are 3 pins is it fine on a 4 pin splitter ? any downside compared to a 3pin splitter ?

yes its fine, it should only plug in one side of the plug

2-Pcs-30cm-PWM-3-4-pin-Y-font-b-Splitter

you can see the tab will only let the fans plug into the rightmost side 3 pins

Spoiler

yes its fine, it should only plug in one side of the plug

2-Pcs-30cm-PWM-3-4-pin-Y-font-b-Splitter

you can see the tab will only let the fans plug into the rightmost side 3 pins

will the 3 fans in the spliiter run in full speed ? or could be control by asus uefi bios ? using z170 hero

chasis_fan1-4

will the 3 fans in the spliiter run in full speed ? or could be control by asus uefi bios ? using z170 hero

chasis_fan1-4

yes you can control all the fans on the spliter together as one fan

just make sure that the chassis fan 1 header is set to DC in the UEFI Q-fan control

because you said you were going to be using 3 pin fans

and you cant control 3 pin fans with PWM enabled, needs to be DC

Spoiler

No no no! Somebody linked me the MOST AMAZING SPLITTER EVER.  Hold on!

EDIT:

I've been told, you can run 4 Noctuas on your motherboards header without damage.  To avoid the risk entirely;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423165&cm_re=pwm_molex_splitter-_-12-423-165-_-Product

Power straight from the PSU, a splitter for RPM control and splitters to head to the fans.  This avoids taking power from the motherboard entirely.  Great for higher performance fans.  :)

i7 6700k // H110i GTX, 4xNoctua 140mm Industrial 3k // Asus Z170 Pro Gaming // 8GB 2400mhz // MSI GTX 970 // Enthoo Pro M

yes you can control all the fans on the spliter together as one fan

just make sure that the chassis fan 1 header is set to DC in the UEFI Q-fan control

because you said you were going to be using 3 pin fans

and you cant control 3 pin fans with PWM enabled, needs to be DC

No no no! Somebody linked me the MOST AMAZING SPLITTER EVER.  Hold on!

EDIT:

I've been told, you can run 4 Noctuas on your motherboards header without damage.  To avoid the risk entirely;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423165&cm_re=pwm_molex_splitter-_-12-423-165-_-Product

Power straight from the PSU, a splitter for RPM control and splitters to head to the fans.  This avoids taking power from the motherboard entirely.  Great for higher performance fans.  :)

I found a swiftech PWM hub, can i connect 5 of my 3 pin fans to it . and connect the swiftech pwm hub to motherboard and controlled the speed ? by dc?

I found a swiftech PWM hub, can i connect 5 of my 3 pin fans to it . and connect the swiftech pwm hub to motherboard and controlled the speed ? by dc?

it will only work when connected to PWM fan header

and it can only control PWM fans

Spoiler