Dragon2hand

i have:

i7-3770k

16 gb Kingston ram

Gigabyte 7950

h100i

gigabyte z77x-up4th

700 watt by cooler master.

and yes I tried to do the troubleshooting that is written in the top threads...

any help? -_-

Cpu: I7-3770k @4.2GHz Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UP4TH Ram: Kingston Hyper x 16GB GPU: Gigabyte 7950

PSU: Corsair TX 850  HDD: WD RED 2TB Cooling: H100i Case: NZXT 630

did you flip the power switch and plug it to the wall -_-

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

i have:

i7-3770k

16 gb Kingston ram

Gigabyte 7950

h100i

gigabyte z77x-up4th

700 watt by cooler master.

and yes I tried to do the troubleshooting that is written in the top threads...

any help? -_-

what is the post code on your motherboard?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

did you flip the power switch and plug it to the wall -_-

yes I did

Cpu: I7-3770k @4.2GHz Mobo: Gigabyte Z77-UP4TH Ram: Kingston Hyper x 16GB GPU: Gigabyte 7950

Will it not do anything? will it not open to windows? will it not open to bios? will it make any noise or do anything? any lights coming on? Check the switches on power supplies, motherboards, and any powerstrips you're using

Is the power supply turned on in the back?

Did you correctly connect the front panel I/O to the mobo? (The power, reset buttons, etc)

Do you have both the power cords plugged into your mobo?

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

what is the post code on your motherboard?

I actually don't have a speaker, and my pc wont even turn a fan or turn a light on............

I actually don't have a speaker, and my pc wont even turn a fan or turn a light on............

power supply might be bad

you might have plugged a connector wrong

recheck your 24 pin and 8 pin

Is the power supply turned on in the back?

Did you correctly connect the front panel I/O to the mobo? (The power, reset buttons, etc)

Do you have both the power cords plugged into your mobo?

I have put all the connectors in the right spots and nothing happened... and the I/O is correct.

On some motherboards there are more than one power connector. On some gigabyte boards, there is a black 4-pin about 1/4 of the way down from the top. Near the center. Make sure all the power ports are plugged into the motherboard.

Unplug your PSU from everything. Take the 24 pin power connector (big power one) and grab a paper clip. Stick one end in the GREEN slot and the other into ANY BLACK SLOT. The black is ground and this will turn on the PSU to see it's working.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix

1 Check if you plugged in the 24pin in the motherboard
2 Check the switch behind the psu
3 Plug the plug (<--oh the irony) in the wall
4 Plug the on/off switch to the mobo <-- most important
5 If the above doesnt work idk

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

power supply might be bad

you might have plugged a connector wrong

recheck your 24 pin and 8 pin

my pc was working 3 days ago and suddenly it stopped turning on...... and the 24 and 8 pin are placed correctly

Unplug your PSU from everything. Take the 24 pin power connector (big power one) and grab a paper clip. Stick one end in the GREEN slot and the other into ANY BLACK SLOT. The black is ground and this will turn on the PSU to see it's working.

This^^^ is what I would try first, as of now. 

This^^^ is what I would try first, as of now. 

I did that and I didn't see the fan spin... so the conclusion is that the power supply is dead? how can I be a 100% sure tho?

check all your front panel connectors. Make sure they are in ALL THE WAY AND MAKING CONTACT WITH THE PINS ON THE BOARD. My firs build ever didn't start because i thought the front panel connectors for the power button were ina ll the way but the pins weren't making full contact so i gave them a good push and then bam it turned on,.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I did that and I didn't see the fan spin... so the conclusion is that the power supply is dead? how can I be a 100% sure tho?

It should always turn on if there are 2 metal points 1x green and 1x black touching. Can pretty much say it's a dead psu at this point.

well if the psu didn't turn on then yes. You can be sure the power supply is faulty.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Recheck your frontpanel connectors.

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

take the power supply and try it another system you know works...that way you will be 100% sure.

Check another system but that is kind of foolproof 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/