Hyperx cloud 2 mobile device issues

Fausto315

I just purchased a pair of hyperx cloud II headphones and are having problems with them. I plugged them into my droid turbo with the 3.5mm jack and not the headphones and mic adapters. Every time I load up a song on SoundCloud or a video on YouTube they are instantly paused and are stuck like that. Any thoughts? Thanks.

hmm thats weird mine work fine

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I just purchased a pair of hyperx cloud II headphones and are having problems with them. I plugged them into my droid turbo with the 3.5mm jack and not the headphones and mic adapters. Every time I load up a song on SoundCloud or a video on YouTube they are instantly paused and are stuck like that. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Mine is fine, perhaps an issue with the phone? Have you tried other headphones?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

My tablet has this issue with any THREE POLE headphones. It thinks they are four pole. 4 pole headphones pause the music with a button connected to the two poles closest to the wire. The 3 pole plug is electrically the same as a 4 pole with the button pressed. It thinks the 3 pole is a 4 pole.

Weird.. It might be the phone, tho it can't think it's a 4 pole.. simply a software failure or hardware failure.. but it's not the Cloud 2's.. you could try to RMA them, but I reckon it won't solve the issue.

Just saying, my Cloud 2 works good with my iPhone 5s ..

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I don't think its my phone or the headphones. They work fine on PC but on my phone they just will not work right.

I don't think its my phone or the headphones. They work fine on PC but on my phone they just will not work right.

If you bend the plug around in the phone jack, can you get the music to unpause? Thats what my tablet does...

When I do gey ucky and a song plays for a split second its not even coming from the headphones.