NH-L9i vs cryorig c7

Teemo4Life

(I know this is in the wrong section but no one has replied to my thread and I have waited like half a day)

Both same price. Which one has better performance.

post-191457-0-64098100-1446206096_thumb.post-191457-0-45925900-1446206119_thumb.post-191457-0-48437900-1446206201.jpegpost-191457-0-95032000-1446206220.jpeg

Is this case fan exhaust or intake or can be both? post-191457-0-47723900-1446206267.jpeg

Reason? Can't be bias and can't be cause nocturnes well known it's automatically better

Noctua fans are beast. They have better airflow and better static pressure. I haven't looked at hard numbers but I can probably safely say that the Noctua is better.

Also Noctua fans can be pretty quiet if they aren't spinning too hard, but they can be pretty loud too. Given Noctua fan on that one I don't see it getting as loud as their industrial brand however.. I am a huge fan of Noctua, heh, get it?

But yeah, their fans are great when it comes to getting air through heatsinks, rads, or just used as an intake or exhaust. They are great fans with great static pressure and airflow.

I'd guess the Cryorig would be better just because it's look a bit thicker, I haven't got much to go on. I couldn't even find any reviews for it.

Edit: Infact, looking at the specs, the Noctua apparently has more mass, so maybe that might be better :S.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

The Noctua has a 65W TDP while the Cryorig has a 100W TDP. Therefore, The Cryorig has way better performance than the Noctua. 

All TDPs are the 'official' pmes from Cryorigs and Noctua's websites.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

The Cryrorig is better. The Noctua NH-L9i performs worse than a stock cooler in some cases.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Stig beat me to it, TDP is how effective it is at removing "Thermal Design Power" aka the heat put off by energy transfers. The higher TDP tolerance the better it is at cooling.

The Noctua has a 65W TDP while the Cryorig has a 100W TDP. Therefore, The Cryorig has way better performance than the Noctua. 

All TDPs are the 'official' pmes from Cryorigs and Noctua's websites.

I hear ppl say lower tdp or higher tdp is better. So u can base a cpu cooler of it?

I hear ppl say lower tdp or higher tdp is better. So u can base a cpu cooler of it?

A coolers TDP is how effective it is at dissipating heat from the CPU so higher a coolers TDP is, the better it is at cooling, like @PumaXCS said. Where you might be confused is that a CPU/GPU's TDP is how much heat the chip gives off and most people prefer a lower TDP GPU/CPU as it means less heat produced and less power consumed.

TLDR: Just get the Cryorig C7 and take our word for it.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

A coolers TDP is how effective it is at dissipating heat from the CPU so higher a coolers TDP is, the better it is at cooling, like @PumaXCS said. Where you might be confused is that a CPU/GPU's TDP is how much heat the chip gives off and most people prefer a lower TDP GPU/CPU as it means less heat produced and less power consumed.

TLDR: Just get the Cryorig C7 and take our word for it.

I can't fit two new CPU coolers :D

Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler $28

Cryorig c7 $56

Cooler master hyper 103 $31

I can fit them with 1-3cm space left

• 7 months later...

Just wanted to update you guys.
I did a comparison. The cryorig works just abit better than the noctua. But not by much.
The noctua is much thinner. and runs alot quieter too under heavy load. 
Both still supports 4690k . even lightly overclocked @1.15v if you dont mind the fan running bit loud.