A Machine For Every Budget!

MrKappa

Hey Hey LTT. I am the infamous MrKappa who posts memes by night and plays PC by day, duhh.

So you want a PC eh? Good choose, I will be offering about 6 PCs for budgets $450 $600 $750 $1000 $1500 and $2250. Due to the high amount of PCs being asked for opinions on the forums such as "thoughts" or "do you like my master race baby" picking a PC can be a difficult thing. But thank f*** we have LTT who will fix anything up for any budget.

New People: Choose a PC from the list and if it doesn't fit your budget ask a friendly person what you could do to put down the price.

LTT Veterans: Help me out in a friendly way, I won't use CX PSUs K? Isn't that Enough? WHAT DO YOU WANT????

PS: None of these include a OS

$450 - Beefy Start

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MrKappa/saved/zTktt6

This is a very tight budget for this PC so you'll pretty much just be playing LOL,WoW, DoTA, TF2 and not really demanding games at 1080p. This CPU is perfect for overclocking!

$600 - Gaben's Lucky Charms

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MrKappa/saved/tfThP6

This is for playing games such as Tomb Raider, GTA IV and V on low settings and The Witcher 2 & 3 (maybe). This rig is for gaming and a bit of editing/ schoolwork. AND Yes! There is a SSD in it!

$750 - Aba Gaben!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MrKappa/saved/7LmcCJ

Now we are down to the good stuff! This packs a Intel i5 4460 which will destroy any task! We also have a r9 290 which is a really good performance/price video card! This will have maxed settings pretty much on GTA V, Witcher 3 and BF4. You might need to turn down 1 or 2 settings but everything else will be maxed.

$1000 - Snoop's Smoker

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MrKappa/saved/VNbgXL

10/10 IGN - would play again. This Rig is a BEAST. I have the 4690k and I have never ever looked back. Sadly I do not have the 390 but I have heard great things about it and it is future proof for a long time with the high VRAM. This will max anything at all, no matter. 100% 1080p 60fps and you could still use it in 1440p but our next build will be all about that. If you're first into gaming and have enough cash to splash. BUY THIS RIG. The H440 case is very sleek and quiet IMO.

$1500 - The Brick Chucker

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MrKappa/saved/b3YG3CC

Grab your 1440p Monitors and get ready because the GTX 980 HAS LANDED. I unfortunately could not get in a TI but that will be in the final build. What should I say about this build. It's future proof for 6 years probably! If you're on a 2000 dollar budget get this and a 1440p 144hz monitor

$2250 - Skylaker

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MrKappa/saved/37NmP6

Get the Demi Lovato reference? No? Oh. 4K is the way and with your swag bag of gadgets and gizmos which you have skylaker with you will be able to max anything at 60fps. So yeah. Get rekt Xbox. (Plz no ban)

Thank you for reading :) I really really appreciate it! Like it if you liked it. Dislike it if you disliked it. Peace out!

:P

I would want to change the PSU on all but the $2250 build. Also, take that V300 out of there, it's an awful SSD ($600 build)

The issue with these sorts of builds is that they're not catered to an individual, and they're created using today's prices. We had some people trying to create something similar, but it just wouldn't work because the builds basically kind of fit a general need, but didn't cater to anyone specific. Building for individual needs works better every time. 

your $2250 build, ditch the sound card

There yah go

I would want to change the PSU on all but the $2250 build. Also, take that V300 out of there, it's an awful SSD ($600 build)

The issue with these sorts of builds is that they're not catered to an individual, and they're created using today's prices. We had some people trying to create something similar, but it just wouldn't work because the builds basically kind of fit a general need, but didn't cater to anyone specific. Building for individual needs works better every time. 

yeh, kingstone lost my trust when they pulled that shit with the v300

that $450 build is too weak IMO. It sacrifices too much ability over a quad core FM2 system of equivalent price just to be upgradeable. also there is a 2gb 750TI in that price range (after rebate) as well as a 260x so I would chuck the 1gb 750.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

pretty much any build  below 1000usd could be a lot better

The site has changed....

The powersupply in your 2 Grand build is cheaper then the one in your 450$ build. Most of them are just kind of meh builds.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

These threads never work.

Stop trying to make them, people...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

These threads never work.

Stop trying to make them, people...

I always wondered why

then I came to the conclusion

its me being an idiot

the prices keep fluctuating 

In the $1000 build, I would suggest a gtx 970 over the r9 390. Between the 290 and 390, the only benefits you get are more vram (which won't be useful at 1080p gaming) and a very slight increase in clock rate. The gtx 970 does show reasonable performance gains over the 390, so it makes more sense, imo.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

In the $1000 build, I would suggest a gtx 970 over the r9 390. Between the 290 and 390, the only benefits you get are more vram (which won't be useful at 1080p gaming) and a very slight increase in clock rate. The gtx 970 does show reasonable performance gains over the 390, so it makes more sense, imo.

I think youve got the two mixed, the 390 is the better performer in most if not all things

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

The 390 and 970 are about equal on performance and the 390 is ahead just as often as it is behind when you look at multiple games. I would go with the 8gb card because you can use more than 4GB  on ultra modern games or modded games, especially at 1440p which cards at this level are generally likely to see.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

The 390 and 970 are about equal on performance and the 390 is ahead just as often as it is behind when you look at multiple games. I would go with the 8gb card because you can use more than 4GB  on ultra modern games or modded games, especially at 1440p which cards at this level are generally likely to see.

The point of OP's build was not for 1440p gaming though.

CPU - Intel i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (Rev 2.0) | RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8) DDR3-1866 | Storage - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 980ti SC | Case - Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) | PSU - EVGA 750W B2 | Display - Acer K272HUL | Keyboard - E-Element RGB | Mouse - Logitech g502 | Sound - Klipsch ProMedia 2.1/Fostex TH-x00/Sennheiser HD595

The point of OP's build was not for 1440p gaming though.

And your reasoning for that is?

Edit I just reread his comments for the more expensive machines.

OP seems to think that you need to run every game at max settings for best effect which many would argue is false. That $1000  build would run 1440p like a champ only lowering a few of the settings a touch.

That $450 build sucks. And I wouldn't buy any of these personally, better psu is very obtainable, and getting a 3+ tb hard drive seems kinda pointless unless you need it for a bazillion games. 

1st build - Downgrade the PSU, if your on a budget your not going to be getting a fully modular psu

- Dont need the 212 evo, its on a h97 board sooo....

2nd Build - Get a Different PSU, NEX are junk 

- SSD Is garbage

-  why get the 8320? might as well get the i3- 4150

3rd - Again NEX are junk