Will my PC bottleneck?

won't bottleneck, but I wouldn't buy the 8350. go for an i5 4460 instead.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

He probs needs it for compatability

He probs needs it for compatability

well, then get a 6300, because an 8530 won't improve gaming performance in the slightest.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Dude it's more like is your PC going to blow up because of the VRMs and Mosfet overheating on the mATX AM3+ board.

FX 8xxx CPUs aren't designed for mATX boards, you need a 970 or higher.

FX 6xxx is the max you would go in a mATX config.

Dude it's more like is your PC going to blow up because of the VRMs and Mosfet overheating on the mATX AM3+ board.

So fx-6300?

just get this instead, it's better in every way:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($163.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($64.80 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.66 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Case: Antec Nine Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.20 @ SuperBiiz)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ NCIX US)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.20 @ SuperBiiz)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)

Total: $436.83

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-28 22:43 EDT-0400

as you can see it's even cheaper and you can use the intel heatsink on this one...perfect!

If you already own the AMD motherboard then i would recommend either to sell it and order this i5 and H97 board...or just get the FX-8320 and save some money...overclock it to match the FX-8350 speed...it's easy, but this motherboard isnt meant for FX-83XX...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Go with an AMD FX 6350 if you need an AMD CPU.

Also, I'd say get an R9 380.

What are your uses......

I want to upgrade the CPU since I don't game as much but when I do play its medium-high intensity games (GTAV,TF2,etc). So I was hoping that the processor upgrade would help.

Ummm form factor has nothing to do with it, just the chipset and power delivery to the cpu

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

Ummm form factor has nothing to do with it, just the chipset and power delivery to the cpu

So would my PC be fine for the job?

So would my PC be fine for the job?

I was only quoting him, saying that form factor has nothing to do with a board being high quality or not, link me to the pcppicker you are talking about

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

that 3 FPS is probably due to the fact that the 8350 is clocked higher, not the extra cores.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Do you understand how mosfet and VRMs work on AM3+ boards...

Form factor is a problem on AM3+ boards when the mATX board has shitty VRMs, mosfets, and poor power delivery that wouldn't handle the CPU.

Try to find a AM3+ mATX board that can handle a FX 8 core properly without it catching on fire....

I want to upgrade the CPU since I don't game as much but when I do play its medium-high intensity games (GTAV,TF2,etc). So I was hoping that the processor upgrade would help.

Your just better off selling the board, since FX is a dead platform..

Honesty unless you need heavy rendering, content creation uses at a cheap price, want ECC ram, there's no point in FX.

I was only quoting him, saying that form factor has nothing to do with a board being high quality or not, link me to the pcppicker you are talking about

Its in the original post.

Though I don't think I'd put an 8350 on that weak 4+1 board. Might as well just buy an i5 and an H series board instead.

Do you understand how mosfet and VRMs work on AM3+ boards...

Form factor is a problem on AM3+ boards when the mATX board has shitty VRMs, mosfets, and poor power delivery that wouldn't handle the CPU.

Try to find a AM3+ mATX board that can handle a FX 8 core properly without it catching on fire....

I just said that the FORM FACTOR ITSELF does not effect the quality of a board, but rather the components the manufacturer decides to use. I was not talking about any board or platform in particular, but just the form factor.

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

I just said that the FORM FACTOR ITSELF does not effect the quality of a board, but rather the components the manufacturer decides to use. I was not talking about any board or platform in particular, but just the form factor.

both of you are right, there is no good quality mATX AM3+ motherboard and there probably never will be...but sure there could have been, ASUS or gigabyte could have made super awesome 8 or 10 phase digital 990FX mATX boards...but they didn't because this would be a very niche market cause who would like to run a CPU that can pull around 280W from the wall when fully overclocked on such a motherboard...you don't want that in a small form factor machine...a 250W GPU yeah ok that make sense if performance if up there...but for an underperforming outdated CPU?! nobody would want that i guess.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR