Video player for phone

FunkyFeatures
Go to solution Solved by Jamdude,

MXPlayer allows background play so you can turn off your screen and the audio will continue.

Hi

I am going to travel to Budapest in a few days, and for the ride, I have downloaded podcasts and videos. For one of the videos, I would love to have the option to either turn off the screen, or just turn off the video and let the audio run - to save battery - is there a video player from the Google Store that allows me to do that?

Thanks in advance :)

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

MXPlayer allows background play so you can turn off your screen and the audio will continue.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

MXPlayer is my babe.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

MXPlayer is my babe.

I might just be a full on noob, but how do I make it play audio when I lock my phone/turn off the screen. It stops the entire thing if I lock it.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I might just be a full on noob, but how do I make it play audio when I lock my phone/turn off the screen. It stops the entire thing if I lock it.

1. Download MX Player from Google Play

2. Browse and play the video you want to be played in the background

3. Press Menu button (or the 3 dot icon), and then select Play

4. Make sure "Background Play" is checked

5. Now, you can press Home Button and as you see, the video is playing in the background

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

1. Download MX Player from Google Play

2. Browse and play the video you want to be played in the background

3. Press Menu button (or the 3 dot icon), and then select Play

4. Make sure "Background Play" is checked

5. Now, you can press Home Button and as you see, the video is playing in the background

Thank you very much ;) Super useful!