1500 $ gaming pc

tejinder
Go to solution Solved by Morgan MLGman,

what amd processor would you suggest instead of i7 and i5

i dont know much about amd world but i am not a intel fanboy either  

AMD CPUs are hard to compare with Intel's. They have many cores, they're relatively cheap and powerful, but their single-cored performance is bad compared Intel counterparts.

For solely gaming, a good i5 should be a better choice in majority of cases than for example an 8 cored AMD. If you do a lot of streaming/rendering/video editing and you're on a budget, then  AMD is your best bet.

I'm using an overclocked AMD FX-8350 8-cored CPU, I'm very happy with it, it's powerful, runs any game you throw at it and is very good at multitasking. Was pretty cheap too.

You know it's not.

I know it is.

Never will I EVER buy an AMD CPU even if I'm on a tight budget.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I know it is.

Never will I EVER buy an AMD CPU even if I'm on a tight budget.

Athlon X4 860k > Pentium G3258

FX-6 series is better than an i3 if someone would want to stream some games, or create a budget workstation PC.

FX-8 series is better than i5's for certain heavy tasks, or if you'd like to build a cheap server for some reason.

Conclusion? Your point is stupid, based on personal preference, and not objective facts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Athlon X4 860k > Pentium G3258

FX-6 series is better than an i3 if someone would want to stream some games, or create a budget workstation PC.

FX-8 series is better than i5's for certain heavy tasks, or if you'd like to build a cheap server for some reason.

Conclusion? Your point is stupid, based on personal preference, and not objective facts.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9LjqvK

is it better than earlier intel build

Change the build back to MorganMLGmans build, it's a ridiculously good one. A i7 will make your life easier. Do not go with a amd processor dude.

Go with this one: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4gXVNG

The AMD FX-9XXX series is not good. They produce a ridiculous amount of heat and draw a lot of power, while their single cored performance is still behind Intel's.

You basically can't get anything better than what I linked above for that money.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Morgan's build is solid.  I just got that video card and it is insanely great performance for the money.  Seriously it has better specs than a reference Titan when you run the OC.  Annoying you have to load their stupid software to get that clock, but it works flawlessly and very quietly.

4790 is impossible to beat on price performance.  I tried a Skylake build, but I couldn't get it under $1,600.

Personally I would bump the HDD to 2TB if you can squeeze a teeny bit more budget.