Expiring Samsung tablets

Godcer

Does anyone know if the Galaxy Note series of tablets are not in production anymore? I can't see any of them in online or local stores anymore (in Norway). Is there a new generation coming shortly or are they just ditching the s-pen tablets? I have seen some news about a new tablet but I think it's without the s-pen. If you know more, please inform me.

I think the Galaxy Tab S series replaced them, correct me if I'm wrong.

I used to be quite active here.

Does anyone know if the Galaxy Note series of tablets are not in production anymore? I can't see any of them in online or local stores anymore (in Norway). Is there a new generation coming shortly or are they just ditching the s-pen tablets? I have seen some news about a new tablet but I think it's without the s-pen. If you know more, please inform me.

The Galaxy Note isn't a tablet.

It's a smartphone聽 :huh:

Edit:

Oh wait. There were a few Note tablets. Didn't know they existed. They're still available here in Germany in quite a few stores.

But for the price they aren't really good...

The Galaxy Note isn't a tablet.

It's a smartphone聽 :huh:

Oh wait. There were a few Note tablets. Didn't know they existed. They're still available here in Germany in quite a few stores.

But for the price they aren't really good...

They have both smartphones and tablets in the Note series, such as the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

Check out this link to NCIX store:聽http://www.ncix.com/detail/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1-2014-8e-91018.htm

I think the Galaxy Tab S series replaced them, correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is so, do you know if it is possible to get them with the s-pen?

If this is so, do you know if it is possible to get them with the s-pen?

Nope, the Tab S doesn't support the S Pen.

You can get, however the Galaxy Tab A, which comes with an S Pen. It doesn't have top-tier specs, however (768p screen)

EDIT: You can still get the Galaxy NOTE 214 Edition, which has a nice screen: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/tablets/others/SM-P6000ZKABTU

The NOTE PRO is also available: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/tablets/others/SM-P9000ZKABTU

It does support the S-Pen, but I don't know if it comes included. It also has a larger 12 inch screen, which may be inconvenient or nice, it depends on your preference.

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

Nope, the Tab S doesn't support the S Pen.

You can get, however the Galaxy Tab A, which comes with an S Pen. It doesn't have top-tier specs, however (768p screen)

Yeah it seems like it, but as you say, there is huge difference in the screen resolutions. It would really be favourable with at least a 1080p display, and even better with the Note 10.1 and Note Pro 12.2's 1600p resolution.

Do you know any other similar tablets (similar resolution and drawing capabilities)?I have looked at the Wacom Cintiq Companion and it seems really nice, but it's so damn expensive.

Do you know any other similar tablets (similar resolution and drawing capabilities)?

Well, as far as tablets with pen inputs, the only ones I know are the Surface line, but those also are quite expensive. If you can get on using a Surface 3, I believe that you will be satisfied with the pen experience.

As far as Samsung tablets go, I have used a relative of mine's Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (first version), and I can only call the S Pen a "partially useful gimmick". It is nothing compared to a PC graphics tablet. It is nice for sketching, but you cannot do anything decent with it. It is nice for taking notes, but if you are planning to do decent sketching using PS Touch or other programs, I don't recommend it.

That may have changed with the Note PRO, however. If it is within your budget I would definately check out some reviews.

If you are searching for a graphics tablet for drawing or photo editing on your computer, I recommend you get a normal graphics tablet (without a screen). I personally own an old Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch which I got for under $60 5 years ago, and it really doesn't matter if you draw looking at your computer monitor instead of looking at "the paper" you are drawing at.

It seems counter-intuitive at first glance, but you get used to it under a day. Image editing and the ocassional sketching I do are a breeeze. But if you plan on using it just for drawing, I think the screen might help quite a bit. If you plan on using a laptop, the new Bamboo line support wireless transmitters, and the more expensive Intuos line come with them included.

But as far as tablets go, I don't know any more.

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

Well, as far as tablets with pen inputs, the only ones I know are the Surface line, but those also are quite expensive. If you can get on using a Surface 3, I believe that you will be satisfied with the pen experience.

As far as Samsung tablets go, I have used a relative of mine's Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (first version), and I can only call the S Pen a "partially useful gimmick". It is nothing compared to a PC graphics tablet. It is nice for sketching, but you cannot do anything decent with it. It is nice for taking notes, but if you are planning to do decent sketching using PS Touch or other programs, I don't recommend it.

That may have changed with the Note PRO, however. If it is within your budget I would definately check out some reviews.

If you are searching for a graphics tablet for drawing or photo editing on your computer, I recommend you get a normal graphics tablet (without a screen). I personally own an old Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch which I got for under $60 5 years ago, and it really doesn't matter if you draw looking at your computer monitor instead of looking at "the paper" you are drawing at.

It seems counter-intuitive at first glance, but you get used to it under a day. Image editing and the ocassional sketching I do are a breeeze. But if you plan on using it just for drawing, I think the screen might help quite a bit. If you plan on using a laptop, the new Bamboo line support wireless transmitters, and the more expensive Intuos line come with them included.

But as far as tablets go, I don't know any more.

I actually have one of those drawing tablets myself, but I would really like one with a screen. I hoped to kind of justify the price of them by thinking that I got a tablet and a drawing tablet in one, which I do.