How to adjust V ram in bios.

Focke Wolf

I am a war thunder gamer. And after getting game failures they sayd that i should adjust vram in bios. Where it could be? Having MSI click bios 4

uhhh, there is so much wrong with that

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

I am a war thunder gamer. And after getting game failures they sayd that i should adjust vram in bios. Where it could be? Having MSI click bios 4

adjust Vram xD never heard of that

get a better GPU i don't know how you would adjust it in bios unless you have somehow disabled some v ram!  :)

what GPU did you have ? it means you need to share your memory to run the game properly

GTX 570 Zotac

get a better GPU i don't know how you would adjust it in bios unless you have somehow disabled some v ram!  :)

BUt where i could check that?

BUt where i could check that?

Use the arrow keys to select the “Advanced” menu option, and press "Enter" to open the menu. Select the video memory setup option. The name of this option varies depending on the BIOS version used, but names such as “Onboard Video Memory” or “VGA RAM Size” are common.

just googled it and this is what came up. i recommend just looking it up yourself to do some proper research into it.

Only old on board graphics solutions (maybe AMD APUs, not sure), allows you to adjust the amount of vRAM (or Video RAM or video memory , if you prefer).

On board graphics solution don't have dedicated memory to itself. Everything about them is being integrated to consume little space, consume little power, and be dirt cheap. So it uses your system RAM for its own memory. Because of this design, the BIOS give you the option to say how much you want the on board graphics solution can reserve (take away) from your system RAM to be used for graphics.

Modern integrated graphics solutions uses a better system. This new system DYNAMICALLY consume your system memory up to a certain point (usually up to 1GB, if I am not mistaken, assuming you have 2GB or more of RAM on the system). As such, the option is gone from the BIOS. This new system is also used on dedicated graphics card from Nvidia and AMD as an overflow system so that the game doesn't crash or cause problems, just performance will drop significantly when you fill up the graphics card memory to the max and it uses the system memory.

So in your case, either:

-> The game error message is wrong (or you had a error message and the solution given to you is wrong)

-> The game error message is wrong because it thinks you are using an on board graphics solution

-> The game error message is right, where you filled up not only the graphics card memory to the max, but the overspill of the system memory as well, so you are out of memory, and the game thinks that its out of video memory because you set a limit (which you can't, as it is dynamically allocated, and you filled everything to the max, a case that the game developer didn't think would be possible to display a more correct error message)