My Samsung 840 EVO takes 35 seconds to boot up..

sissj

My Samsung 840 EVO takes 35 seconds to boot up.. is this normal? because it seems a little slow for an SSD.

My Build: Phoenix

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

Perhaps it may be a old copy of windows?

It's a good idea to refresh that copy of Windows every once in a while.

Its been like this since when I first built it, My BIOS says the boot device is My SSD and I'm using Win 10 At the moment.

Processor: Intel i7 4770k, Motherboard: Asus Z97-P RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI OC Case: Corsair ICUE 4000X, Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB + 500GB + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM750, Cooling: Corsair H100i Capellix, 

If you want to talk to me or give me an answer, please tag me otherwise you'll be talking to thin air ❤️

does the 840 evo support rapid mode? try that 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

does the 840 evo support rapid mode? try that 

Apparently I can't get rapid mode on Win 10 (people have told me)

sounds reasonably fast. as in a lot of the time is wasted by the Bios watch out for that.

update the firmware on the ssd

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

In Windows 10, the the task manager allows you to see if any startup programs are causing a high impact on your boot time. Press "Ctrl + Shift + Escape" to bring up task manager and go to the "Startup tab". The "Startup Impact" column will tell you if that is the case. Some programs will go into further detail and tell you the amount of milliseconds or seconds the startup programs use. I would go and check these programs to make sure nothing is starting that you don't actually need.

Beyond that, make sure all of your drivers are updated to the most recent version. There are plenty of programs out there to check your drivers. I prefer programs from IObit. I trust them as I haven't ever had an issue with anything I have used from them. Sometimes drivers can cause issues like delayed startup time. This includes making sure your BIOS is up to date from your motherboard manufacturer, and that there is no new firmware for your SSD as Techguru before me suggested.

Make sure you have all of your Windows Updates installed. 

If you do all of this and it still seems slow, let us know.