An idea: Re-boxing

Hello!

I have recently had an idea, that I wanted to share with all of you :)

my idea is a re-boxing video. This is when you RE BOX an item, after using it, the implication being that you no longer need it or want it. This means that it is like a review, but it would probably be more negative, and it would let people know about the problems of the device, as the person doing the video would probably know a lot about the item because they will have used it. They could tell the viewer why to buy it, or why not to buy it.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and if you would like to do a re-boxing video, go ahead, and I know I can't make you, but I would appreciate it if you could give some credit to me in the description :)

Sincerely, Arthorian

Thanks for reading this! Shame that there's nothing here worthwhile for you to read... but you are still reading. Why?

That would be cool. But re-box is kinda easy or you could just cheat. You could find a video about unboxing then rewind it

That would be cool. But re-box is kinda easy or you could just cheat. You could find a video about unboxing then rewind it

But the audio would be all messed up. The point is to give an opinion from someone who has experience with the product :)

Thanks for reading this! Shame that there's nothing here worthwhile for you to read... but you are still reading. Why?

And you could say that an un-boxing is easy. But that's popular.

So... reasons why you want to keep away an item huh? Companies may not like this though...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

And you could say that an un-boxing is easy. But that's popular.

The problem with a re-boxing video is they will generally be older products, where an unboxing is generally a first impression of something brand new  - unboxings are done so a video can be put up on day one of a new product launch without the user havnt to have had any experiance

Re-boxings are a review of an older product, and one that you have had a negative time with - and you would need to find a constant supply of bad products, which is unlikely these days

Most people do a "did it suck" video instead

Not sure if the concept really works

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The problem with a re-boxing video is they will generally be older products, where an unboxing is generally a first impression of something brand new  - unboxings are done so a video can be put up on day one of a new product launch without the user havnt to have had any experiance

Re-boxings are a review of an older product, and one that you have had a negative time with - and you would need to find a constant supply of bad products, which is unlikely these days

Most people do a "did it suck" video instead

Not sure if the concept really works

Fair enough. But also a lot of people aren't able to afford brand new items. A lot of people wait until the prices have dropped slightly, and the products wouldn't be THAT old. You wouldn't say a GTX 980 is old, but that's been around for over a year!

Fair enough. But also a lot of people aren't able to afford brand new items. A lot of people wait until the prices have dropped slightly, and the products wouldn't be THAT old. You wouldn't say a GTX 980 is old, but that's been around for over a year!

Of course but not many people will be searching for reviews of old products, since they have already been covered to death

Unboxings work because lets say a Gtx 1000 came out tomorrow, I could get it tomorrow and get a video out on day one attracting a big audience

Also, if a product was that bad that I had to re-box it, I would have returned it to the shop after a week, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My point is, a GTX 980 is still an incredibly relevant piece of equipment, even if it is 'old'

That might be a cool idea, but what @ShadowCaptain said is true.

Linus did a "re-boxing" of sorts, here:

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Of course but not many people will be searching for reviews of old products, since they have already been covered to death

Unboxings work because lets say a Gtx 1000 came out tomorrow, I could get it tomorrow and get a video out on day one attracting a big audience

Also, if a product was that bad that I had to re-box it, I would have returned it to the shop after a week,

Yes, but anothe reason it could be being re boxed is if a newer piece of equipment has been released. It could lead on to an unboxing of that newer product

That might be a cool idea, but what @ShadowCaptain said is true.

Linus did a "re-boxing" of sorts, here:

It might work in "fringe" cases, perhaps if you are reviewing a product you dont like, you could rebox it and talk about why are you returning it

but that is not really a new concept or something anybody could do on a stable basis

Yes, but anothe reason it could be being re boxed is if a newer piece of equipment has been released. It could lead on to an unboxing of that newer product

But you have to ask, who is the audience.. and who is willing to watch you mess around with some old product nobody wants to buy

It might work in "fringe" cases, perhaps if you are reviewing a product you dont like, you could rebox it and talk about why are you returning it

but that is not really a new concept or something anybody could do on a stable basis

I think you're right.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

But you have to ask, who is the audience.. and who is willing to watch you mess around with some old product nobody wants to buy

It wouldn't be something you build a channel around, just a small 'series'

The audience would be people who wouldn't necessarily be able to get the latest items, and if those items where relatively old, all the videos on them would be old too. It would be interesting to know how those products performed NOW, and if they could be incorporated into a modern setup, because they would be a lot cheaper than a newer one

It wouldn't be something you build a channel around, just a small 'series'

The audience would be people who wouldn't necessarily be able to get the latest items, and if those items where relatively old, all the videos on them would be old too. It would be interesting to know how those products performed NOW, and if they could be incorporated into a modern setup, because they would be a lot cheaper than a newer one

Maybe, but thats why old videos are still archived etc

I am on the fence :) its not a bad idea, but it would definitely have a niche audience

Maybe, but thats why old videos are still archived etc

I am on the fence :) its not a bad idea, but it would definitely have a niche audience

Sure. But take for example, a 750Ti

All the benchmarks would be of old games, it wouldn't be a good example of how,it would perform in modern games.

But I agree, it isn't the best idea

Sure. But take for example, a 750Ti

All the benchmarks would be of old games, it wouldn't be a good example of how,it would perform in modern games.

But I agree, it isn't the best idea

No its a great idea, I just dont think anybody would watch it haha,

I mean Linus, Austin etc can get away with a "how does this still stack up" but they already have a big audience, so it could work for them

but for a small channel you need to be appealing to a wide audience, not a niche one

HOWEVER, if you can do it well, and get an interested audience, it could definitely work,  its just not going to appeal to a broad range of people which is the issue

No its a great idea, I just dont think anybody would watch it haha,

I mean Linus, Austin etc can get away with a "how does this still stack up" but they already have a big audience, so it could work for them

but for a small channel you need to be appealing to a wide audience, not a niche one

HOWEVER, if you can do it well, and get an interested audience, it could definitely work,  its just not going to appeal to a broad range of people which is the issue

True. But I think the audience of people who can't afford the latest items, but can afford refurbished older items, is quite large

True. But I think the audience of people who can't afford the latest items, but can afford refurbished older items, is quite large

I am not sure sure about that, maybe,

I am not sure sure about that, maybe,

The only way to see it is to try it. You have a 780Ti in your PC build. If you want to prove me wrong, why not make a video?

The only way to see it is to try it. You have a 780Ti in your PC build. If you want to prove me wrong, why not make a video?

My audience is too small anyway, no matter what video I do I will get a very small response

Hell I just had my video shared by MSI both on ther facebook and twitter and still only have like 200 views 

Re-boxing a tech is a better idea....... Keep it up bro!!!! 

My audience is too small anyway, no matter what video I do I will get a very small response

Hell I just had my video shared by MSI both on ther facebook and twitter and still only have like 200 views

200 views is a lot, considering you have only put out a few videos. All your other videos have quite a lot of views, for the number of them that you have put up.

Re-boxing a tech is a better idea....... Keep it up bro!!!!

Thanks!

200 views is a lot, considering you have only put out a few videos. All your other videos have quite a lot of views, for the number of them that you have put up.

Well thats just so far, my beyerdynamics one has nearly broken 1000 views but im not sure how me doing a video would give us any answers