Refresh Rate

Arwanell

I saw a monitor with refresh rate: 55-75Hz

what does that mean? how will it work? will it ever reach 75?

It means at different resolutions the monitor will have a different refresh rate.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

It will likely mean that the refresh rate changes with different resolutions or settings. Some monitors with things like FreeSync and GSync have higher refresh rates with the sync technology enabled. 

I saw a monitor with refresh rate: 55-75Hz

what does that mean? how will it work? will it ever reach 75?

What monitor was it? There are now a couple of Freesync and G-Sync monitors that have a variable refresh rate. Meaning that if they are able to push it to 75 hz, it will. But it can also lower it to anywhere between the applicable refresh rate.

Different panels have different ranges.

What monitor was it? There are now a couple of Freesync and G-Sync monitors that have a variable refresh rate. Meaning that if they are able to push it to 75 hz, it will. But it can also lower it to anywhere between the applicable refresh rate.

Different panels have different ranges.

iiyama ProLite XB2483HSU

iiyama ProLite XB2483HSU

Just a normal 60Hz panel from what I can see. Some will show the highest possible range in its spec, but it could also be what it might be able to reach if you 'overclock' it, or when it's used in other resolutions.

I wouldn't go and call it anything special.

Edit: Example. My Dell U2711 says in its spec sheet that it has horizontal range of 30~89Hz, and vertical range of 56~76Hz. But it runs at 60Hz pretty much no matter what, since I don't feel like 'overclocking' it. But from its paper specs, then I should be able to bring it up to 75Hz without many issues.