What happens to my PC when I install a new CPU?

He guys, so I'm going to replace my G3258, to an i5, in January, so I wanted to know, what happens, when I first turn on my pc after the CPU is installed?

I am  MCCCXXXVII

He guys, so I'm going to replace my G3258, to an i5, in January, so I wanted to know, what happens, when I first turn on my pc after the CPU is installed?

You inject the operating system into the CPU first, with a needle; which get's the OS up and running; and then you have to pull everything out and reinstall it.  /S

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

You inject the operating system into the CPU first, with a needle; which get's the OS up and running; and then you have to pull everything out and reinstall it.  /S

K tanks m8, wil instal agan

I am  MCCCXXXVII

Seriously though, i think it's just a simple pull out, insert new CPU; close socket; boot up. I can't say I;d expect any changes to happen, apart from speed boost.

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Seriously though, i think it's just a simple pull out, insert new CPU; close socket; boot up. I can't say I;d expect any changes to happen, apart from speed boost.

haha, ok Thanks m8

I am  MCCCXXXVII

It will be fairly seamless or though WIN 10 may have some issues because it is hardware dependant.

It will be fairly seamless or though WIN 10 may have some issues because it is hardware dependant.

Yeah, since I have the G3258, had to rename a file in a windows folder in order to have 2 cores in Win 10 and able to oc, but I installed the new bios, but didn't work either, so had to rename it again...

I am  MCCCXXXVII

I went from AMD 8320 to Intel i5 6600k with windows 10 installed had no problems at all and i changed the Motherboard and the CPU, so i think you will be find you won't have to reinstall the OS but with the new CPU installed it might be best to just start fresh and re-install OS.

Some bios have a drop box for upgrades, select your CPU and you're good to go. Mine is already set up for a 4790K.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Some bios have a drop box for upgrades, select your CPU and you're good to go. Mine is already set up for a 4790K.

I'm sorry but what do you mean by dropbox?

I am  MCCCXXXVII

For Gigabyte it's on the first page of the HD bios. There's a box that says upgrade, if you click on it a drop down menu appears listing the CPUs compatible with the board better than yours. All you do is click on the CPU you've installed and it adjusts accordingly.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

For Gigabyte it's on the first page of the HD bios. There's a box that says upgrade, if you click on it a drop down menu appears listing the CPUs compatible with the board better than yours. All you do is click on the CPU you've installed and it adjusts accordingly.

Ok thanks, I'll remember that...

I am  MCCCXXXVII