AC: Syndicate

Guest Robertz

Has anybody played this yet? Thoughts if you have?

I'm slightly addicted to buying games so will most likely pick it up over the weekend either way on PS4.

Helpful response.

Helpful response.

Sort of true though.

Honestly I have franchise fatigue, I need a break from AC and I dont intend on picking this up for a while, honestly they are becoming very cut and paste, and I think by taking longer between games they could actually do something more special and different 

They are a talented bunch, but I feel like the games are only half as good as they could be

(plus im still angry they got rid of Desmond in 3 but whatever)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Helpful response.

Seriously though, the only exceptions are IV and Rogue which are basically pirate games.

I fail to see how Syndicate is any different from Unity, besides setting and characters and all that. It all plays the same.

Sort of true though.

Honestly I have franchise fatigue, I need a break from AC and I dont intend on picking this up for a while, honestly they are becoming very cut and paste, and I think by taking longer between games they could actually do something more special and different 

They are a talented bunch, but I feel like the games are only half as good as they could be

they should wait and impove, dont want them to be like call of duty with a new game every 3-6 months

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Unity was shit..

BF and Rogue were awesome

I hear that Syndicate is similar to Unity so....

they should wait and impove, dont want them to be like call of duty with a new game every 3-6 months

Exactly, see I enjoy COD and AC, but as time goes on, I am getting less and less interested

They are talented studios, but because of their yearly franchise schedule, the games are more spectacle than they are deep

Why doesnt AC take more time, they could developer even better stories, more interesting mechanics, they could make the experiance deeper and the gameplay more engaging

Same as COD, the story and game-play is good, but it feels rushed, you barely get time to know the characters and then the game is over, instead of really developing it into something serious

AC should have a break, and try and think of a new direction for the series or at least strengthen the games, heck 3, 4, Unity and Syndicate all look feel and play very similar, they even re use some of the assets from the previous games, and similar set pieces, 

they need to do MORE with it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Exactly, see I enjoy COD and AC, but as time goes on, I am getting less and less interested

They are talented studios, but because of their yearly franchise schedule, the games are more spectacle than they are deep

Why doesnt AC take more time, they could developer even better stories, more interesting mechanics, they could make the experiance deeper and the gameplay more engaging

Same as COD, the story and game-play is good, but it feels rushed, you barely get time to know the characters and then the game is over, instead of really developing it into something serious

AC should have a break, and try and think of a new direction for the series or at least strengthen the games, heck 3, 4, Unity and Syndicate all look feel and play very similar, they even re use some of the assets from the previous games, and similar set pieces, 

they need to do MORE with it

more games = more money for them

but something they don't realise is that they are loosing players/buyers

but apparently they don't care

I gave up on Unity, but loved 1-2-2.5 & Black Flag. I played unity after they patched the bigger bugs so that didn't bother me, I just got bored with it. Hoping that Syndicate can bring it back to how it should be like a few of the critic's reviews are talking about.

Being in my home country makes it more appealing as well.

With the critics giving this a good review its possible that this game has improved the franchise, which is why I was wanting an opinion from somebody who has had hands on experience.

Seriously though, the only exceptions are IV and Rogue which are basically pirate games.

I fail to see how Syndicate is any different from Unity, besides setting and characters and all that. It all plays the same.

You could say this about a lot of games in a franchise, Far Cry 3/4 didn't change much, both excellent games I think. (On a side note, can't wait for Far Cry Primal, going to be interesting set in that period).

yeah, it makes me sad, I know people want paying for their work, but games are about THE GAMES, not about the money

I feel like the passionate and talented devs being slaves to corporate overlords is THE worst aspect of gaming, I think the actually developers would love to spend more time, and make the game better but if big guys up top are cracking the whip saying " we need this out in 12 months" there is only so much they can do

I gave up on Unity, but loved 1-2-2.5 & Black Flag. I played unity after they patched the bigger bugs so that didn't bother me, I just got bored with it. Hoping that Syndicate can bring it back to how it should be like a few of the critic's reviews are talking about.

Being in my home country makes it more appealing as well.

With the critics giving this a good review its possible that this game has improved the franchise, which is why I was wanting an opinion from somebody who has had hands on experience.

You could say this about a lot of games in a franchise, Far Cry 3/4 didn't change much, both excellent games I think. (On a side note, can't wait for Far Cry Primal, going to be interesting set in that period).

Unity was first AC that was boring for me too

but REALLY boring, I just played it because i wanted to know the story, at least the story was good

yeah, it makes me sad, I know people want paying for their work, but games are about THE GAMES, not about the money

I feel like the passionate and talented devs being slaves to corporate overlords is THE worst aspect of gaming, I think the actually developers would love to spend more time, and make the game better but if big guys up top are cracking the whip saying " we need this out in 12 months" there is only so much they can do

The amount of day one patches proves this I think. Example of 9gb day one patch for halo 5 just to name one. AC last year had a ridiculous one. Very surprised to hear that there are 2 day 1 patches totalling ~500mb for syndicate.

Remember the good old days when you bought a game and it was fully finished!?

they should be a little more like rockstar and gta release a new one everey couple of years and make it alot nicer

The amount of day one patches proves this I think. Example of 9gb day one patch for halo 5 just to name one. AC last year had a ridiculous one. Very surprised to hear that there are 2 day 1 patches totalling ~500mb for syndicate.

Remember the good old days when you bought a game and it was fully finished!?

Absolutely, but the whip cracking is real, "get it out the door we will patch it later" mentality is a blight on gaming

I love that patches exist, as back in the day if a game was broken, it was not possible to fix it, but this should be the exception and not the rule

If a patch is needed, fine, but dont patch in half the fucking game thats missing

yup

we ve seen this many times ...good example the gothic games... community improved the bugs and problems earlier than the publisher

and if they want people to buy there games and stay buying its important to bind the gamers and not bore them... even if it takes time

a friend is still playing withcer 2 because its awesome as he said ;) and now 4 years later we all see  -> if you take your time its going to pay off

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Sort of true though.

Yep same here I think I'm gonna wait till next years game I thought I would be able to play the games but I have barley touched black flag

Yep same here I think I'm gonna wait till next years game I thought I would be able to play the games but I have barley touched black flag

will pick up the past ones in the steam sales or something, i stil havnt completed black flag either