Worth it to buy refurbished?

Oberon.Smite
Go to solution Solved by Notree,

They go onsale for 19.99 all the time.. Bought mine from best buy. Not a bad controller but as said Id rather have a xbox 360 or XBONE controller.

So I want to buy this controller for MGSV, GTAV, and a few other games. Is it worth it to buy a refurb? Seems fine because the seller offers a 90 day warranty. What are your thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAHYQY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1ZYX769PWNHKGGTP0MXH&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

Also, how do I check that when I buy using the LTT affiliate code I am buying from the right link? Is there a place where it says the affiliate in the URL?

So I want to buy this controller for MGSV, GTAV, and a few other games. Is it worth it to buy a refurb? Seems fine because the seller offers a 90 day warranty. What are your thoughts?

Do you have a PS3 controller or 360 controller?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

They go onsale for 19.99 all the time.. Bought mine from best buy. Not a bad controller but as said Id rather have a xbox 360 or XBONE controller.

Do you have a PS3 controller or 360 controller?

I wish I did, then I would definitely use it. I'm buying this one specifically because of the Dualshock layout, to me it's more comfortable and brings back good memories too. MGS on the PS3 was a blast. Used to play on my friend's PS3 back in the day.

I have this gamepad. Would rather have a 360 controller. Kek.

But, I don't see why not. I've never had a problem buying refurbished. 

Same here, I never touch mine any ways but when I did use it I never really liked the feel. I used my friends Xbox one controller in a few games and it was much nicer. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Refurbished can be fine.  I know a certain someone who ran 8 refurbished SSDs in RAID 0 and it didn't even fail! :)

That said, when the difference is $4 I think I would just go new.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Same here, I never touch mine any ways but when I did use it I never really liked the feel. I used my friends Xbox one controller in a few games and it was much nicer. 

Yep. It's not really comfortable, in my opinion. 

It also feels really cheap. It doesn't have whatever the things are called inside it that make the controller vibrate. Making the it too light for my taste. 

The 360 controller feels so much better in my hands and is much more durable. I also really prefer the thumbstick layout.