Which do you prefer? AMD or Intel

Zeako_

I just want to know what you guys think and why.

Please do NOT start arguments with anyone this is all opinionated. 

Intel, better processors 

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

AMD's last release, 2012. Intel's last release 2k15. What's with the b8 threads?

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

I like them equally.

Intel for performance

AMD for innovation

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Cyrix.

I like AMD because they have better ethics. They unlock all of their "performance" CPU's, and don't charge extra for the unlock. It really boggles me how people are okay with locked i7's. I also like the CPU control in CCC, very helpful when dealing with external power limits.

WHY IS THIS POST EVEN A THING? Why isnt there like a filter for this exact post that's here like every day

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Intel for anything other than APUs, and tiny budgets (which is when the Anthon 860K becomes considerable)

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

That depends.  CPUs or GPUs?  :P

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

AMD

but i'm smart enough not to get one (except maybe a 860k)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Intel because i am a fanboi wowe

I     own     alienware     computer     XPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Here we go again.

Have only been on this forum for a few days lot's of active smart people and just looking to see some pros and cons as Im building a pc soon

Cyrix.

I like AMD because they have better ethics. They unlock all of their "performance" CPU's, and don't charge extra for the unlock. It really boggles me how people are okay with locked i7's. I also like the CPU control in CCC, very helpful when dealing with external power limits.

if you put it that way, but does Intel lock the cpu or is it made "locked" and intel has to unlock them

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

To anyone saying anything about this being posted a lot of anything feel free not to answer and let the people who decide to tell me, tell me. 

cant deny it i am biased toward intel

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I like them equally.

Intel for performance

AMD for innovation

The company which is years behind is the one that's innovating? You wut m8

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Personally I prefer Intel. The short version is that over the last year or two, AMD has done really well with making a low-cost, low-power CPU and socket (AM1), and beyond that the primary reason for taking AMD is needing multiple cores at a low cost. However, once you're out of that territory, really it's Intel for everything else. 

if you put it that way, but does Intel lock the cpu or is it made "locked" and intel has to unlock them

Intel has to lock the CPU, its in the micro code. Between a 4770 and a 4770K, there is not a single difference with the chip itself, other than how it was programmed, but the other aspect to look at is the price, the one programmed differently cost more, despite being the same thing. I'm not fine with this, it would be one thing if they were completely different chips or architectures(one that lets say doesn't support tweaking the multiplier), but that isn't the case, and Intel still gets away with it because of OEM demand and consumer bias.

Whoever has the best bang for buck or overall best.

So far, it has been intel.

I'll take an AMD GPU over nVidia 90% lf the time. 980Ti is one of the very few ones.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The company which is years behind is the one that's innovating? You wut m8

Looking at their track record, yes. AMD actually comes up with significant changes that affect the industry as a whole. Intel has been doing the same exact thing over and over for years.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

AMD for Multi-Tasking and gaming (more cores, lower price) and Intel for business because they produce less heat.

Also because AMD have a better performance per dollar

Looking at their track record, yes. AMD actually comes up with significant changes that affect the industry as a whole. Intel has been doing the same exact thing over and over for years.

which is why they're borderline bankrupt. 

AMD for Multi-Tasking and gaming (more cores, lower price) and Intel for business because they produce less heat.

Also because AMD have a better performance per dollar

ummm no. 

Intel is superior for gaming in every way and AMD is only better for multi tasking on extreme budgets. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

which is why they're borderline bankrupt. 

ummm no. 

Intel is superior for gaming in every way and AMD is only better for multi tasking on extreme budgets. 

Please respect the OP by not causing an argument. Mainly in the way of wording your posts.

EDIT: I understand what you mean by your posts but others may not.