Is this power supply good?

RobertElkHunter

First off, welcome to the forums! Second, follow your own topic! And third, wrong subforum! xD

Anyways, the EVGA B2 is really, really good and far better than your CX500 now. The Antec High Current Gamer and EVGA GS/G2 are also good options if they're in your price range and you want a modular PSU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Yeah, that's a pretty good PSU.

OEM'd by Super Flower so nothing to worry about.

Your friend know about this forum by any chance?

Thank you. No, my friend isn't on this forum as far as I know. Why do you ask? 

First off, welcome to the forums! Second, follow your own topic! And third, wrong subforum! xD

Anyways, the EVGA B2 is really, really good and far better than your CX500 now. The Antec High Current Gamer and EVGA GS/G2 are also good options if they're in your price range and you want a modular PSU.

Is the Antect one or G2 better? Should I get one of those instead?

Is the Antect one or G2 better? Should I get one of those instead?

What is your budget? The Antec is technically worse but I was just throwing out options :P

The G2 is better because it's quieter and has better efficiency (not that important, don't worry about it) as is the GS. The B2 is still a great PSU but a bit louder (no cool fan curve like the GS/G2) and the cables are kinda ugly.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

What is your budget? The Antec is technically worse but I was just throwing out options :P

The G2 is better because it's quieter and has better efficiency (not that important, don't worry about it) as is the GS. The B2 is still a great PSU but a bit louder (no cool fan curve like the GS/G2) and the cables are kinda ugly.

My budget is 100 dollars. I will look at the G2 and see if I can afford it.

My budget is 100 dollars. I will look at the G2 and see if I can afford it.

G2 750W was in the $110~ price bracket last time I checked, the 650 G2 and Gs however were $99.99 and $94.99 respectively.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

G2 750W was in the $110~ price bracket last time I checked, the 650 G2 and Gs however were $99.99 and $94.99 respectively.

Is 650 enough? My friend reccomended 750.

Trust this guy! He's a fully evolved electric-type!

I would use a mega for an avvy but @Rumikarimu gave this avvy to me as a giveaway so I would have to pay for another that would look the same and I have no moneys now...

For that build 750 is overkill and 650 might be too :P you could make do with 550 but the lowest I'd recommend is 650.

Thank you.