NZXT Noctis 450 + Kraken X61 with Maximus VIII Hero

[i apologize for the bad English as I am from Italy]

Okay so I recently built my new gaming pc but ran into some trouble with connecting the fans to the included pwm fan hub and plugging it into the motherboard.

The situation is this:

- Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61

- Fans: 3x120mm fans in the front (3 pin)

1x140mm fan in the back (3 pin)

2x140mm radiator fans (4 pin)

- PWM Fan Hub included in the case

The issue came up because the water pump was making continuous noise and it was quite annoying especially because the 6 fans don't make almost any noise

and I can clearly hear the sound coming from the water pump over all the other fans.

I checked the NZXT website and they say this:

post-249697-0-74784000-1445531873.png

I checked the BIOS but I can't find any CPU fan voltage setting (BIOS updated to the latest version).

This problem made me reconsider how I wired up all the fans and the fan hub so here I am asking for a little help.

post-249697-0-68778400-1445532855_thumb.

So of course in the W_PUMP I plugged the water pump, then in the CPU_FAN I plugged one of the two 140mm pwm radiator fans that came with the Kraken X61.

Now for the interesting part: the manual of the Noctis 450 says that you should plug the cpu fan to the pwm fan hub and plug the fan hub into the cpu fan

header on the motherboard; so I plugged the second 140mm pwm radiator fan into the pwm fan hub and the fan hub itself into the CPU_OPT fan header on the

motherboard. I then plugged all the other fans into the pwm fan hub.

post-249697-0-83554800-1445534001_thumb.

Here's the picture of the fan hub itself. The white fan header is where you should plug the cpu fan like I mentioned above.

post-249697-0-88039900-1445534335_thumb.

The cable to power the pump (SATA) also has these 4 pin fan headers attached to it but I didn't plug any fan into them.

What would be the best configuration? Did I do anything wrong? Where is the fan voltage option in the BIOS?

Any help or advice is appreciated, please let me know if you need more details!

Thanks to everyone :D

Intel i7-6700K | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | ASUS Strix 980Ti | Kingston HyperX Predator (4x4GB) | NZXT Noctis 450

Kingston Hyper X Predator M.2 SSD (240GB) | Kingston HyperX Savage (480GB | Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) | NZXT Kraken X61

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 (850W) | Windows 10 | Acer Predator X34

Plug the fan and pump directly into the motherboard

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Plug the fan directly into the motherboard

All of them? Should I throw the pwm fan hub in the trash can and wait for the ASUS fan extension hub to come out?

Intel i7-6700K | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | ASUS Strix 980Ti | Kingston HyperX Predator (4x4GB) | NZXT Noctis 450

Kingston Hyper X Predator M.2 SSD (240GB) | Kingston HyperX Savage (480GB | Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) | NZXT Kraken X61

All of them? Should I throw the pwm fan hub in the trash can and wait for the ASUS fan extension hub to come out?

sorry I meant pump.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

sorry I meant pump.

Right now I tried to plug both the 140mm pwm radiator fans directly into the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers and the pwm fan hub in another fan header on the motherboard but there is still noise coming from the water pump and I can't control/detect the fans connected to the fan hub or the fan hub itself.

Right now I tried to plug both the 140mm pwm radiator fans directly into the CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT headers and the pwm fan hub in another fan header on the motherboard but there is still noise coming from the water pump and I can't control/detect the fans connected to the fan hub or the fan hub itself.

plug the pump into CPU_Fan

CPU fan speed error detected when booting the computer

The water pump connector is 3 pin and both the water pump header and the cup fan header on the motherboard have 4