Skinny 140mm Case Fans < 15mm

tangaroa

Hi,

I've recently built an x99 workstation in a NZXT H440 case with a Corsair H110 water cooler. Unfortunately, the standard NZXT 140x25mm rear case fan doesn't allow enough clearance for the H110 to be properly installed ... it needs a skinnier fan.

Does anyone know of a 140mm PWM fan that's 15mm thick, or less?

The only two I can find are:

• Thermaltake Luna 14 Slim
  • Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex

Neither of which are available where I live (Thailand).

Why not just get a 120mm fan instead?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I know Scythe makes some really thin 120 mm fans.

there arent any fans similar to that unless you do a lot of digging. youll be lucky to find 20mm which do exist

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Thanks, guys ... The 140mm fan looks good. Simple as that. No worries, I'll start looking into 120mm fans instead.

Off the top of my head I seem to remember Thermalright and Cryorig make slim 140mm fans also. They are round frame with 120mm mounting holes. Not sure if there are more out there, but those are just a few more options you may want to take a look at.

EDIT: Those would be the Thermalright TY14013 and TY14013r and the Cryorig XT140

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.