4k video card

GSTARR

Sorry, I corrected it too late :(

12gb are also impossible, trust me ^^ the vram indicator in gta v is broken and counts the total memory used on all available cards even though in reality it doesn't stack.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

12gb are also impossible, trust me ^^ the vram indicator in gta v is broken and counts the total memory used on all available cards even though in reality it doesn't stack.

Skyrim disagrees :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Yeah but you don't find too many dual GPU cards at the moment (R9 295x2, PowerColor's Devil13, Titan Z (No), That Fury Gemini thingy soon...etc) and if @OP wants realllly good FPS then a single 390(x) would be pushing it, no?

It all depends on the settings. I use an r9 290 and my framerates are smooth enough for my taste (50+) in pretty much everything I play after tinkering with the settings. And I never really have to go lower than high most of the time. The things that really tank are usually anti-aliasing (which is pointless at 4k), ambient occlusion and depth of field, all things I barely notice anyway and I don't consider worth lowering the resolution for.

295x2s and Devil13s are pretty easy to get a hold of, I just checked on amazon and they were both available (although not many units). In fact, here in Italy the devil13 is actually cheaper than the 295x2 at 800€ against 1.2k (must be because the latter is discontinued).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Skyrim disagrees :P

not the stock version ;)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

not the stock version ;)

TitanFall? :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

TitanFall? :P

even that barely uses 4gb with anti-aliasing - and bare in mind that on gpus with more vram the usage will be higher than it needs to be

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

even that barely uses 4gb with anti-aliasing - and bare in mind that on gpus with more vram the usage will be higher than it needs to be

That used 3GB without any AA and not even half-max settings for me ._. - it even crashed

That used 3GB without any AA and not even half-max settings for me ._. - it even crashed

Vram doesn't scale linearly - some games just hit a target usage and sit there. Besides the source engine really has no right to use all that vram at this point... let's just say titanfall isn't a technological marvel.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Vram doesn't scale linearly - some games just hit a target usage and sit there. Besides the source engine really has no right to use all that vram at this point... let's just say titanfall isn't a technological marvel.

Of course it's not - but at 4K and with AA I can see it maxing 8GB

Of course it's not - but at 4K and with AA I can see it maxing 8GB

nah, I strongly doubt it, especially since there weren't any cards with more than 4gb of vram when it launched whereas 4k was already a thing.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And the Fury has 4GB vram over a massive 4096 bit (is that the right number?) memory bus so it's just fine at 4k.

Actually I have been looking into it, and at this moment in time the gtx 980ti is doing much better than the x. It seems to be from the comments on youtube as well as the actual benchmarks above it, that the specs (benchmarks, fps etc) released by amd weren't true to their word. That is just for reference cards it could be said, however there appears to be an overclocking limit on the X;

It seems to be that until a new driver comes out, the 980ti is still the best bet

Shipping sucks

in all available cards? With a titan x, with 12gb ram, the only argument i have to go on is your "vram counter isnt correct" and that's the first I heard of that...

Shipping sucks

in all available cards? With a titan x, with 12gb ram, the only argument i have to go on is your "vram counter isnt correct" and that's the first I heard of that...

tb explains it pretty well https://youtu.be/HUEYJS799dI?t=6m4s

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

tb explains it pretty well https://youtu.be/HUEYJS799dI?t=6m4s

He argued the wrong point. If you SLI titan x's you don't even look after settings first of all, you set that shit on ultra and chug ahead with a minimum of 60fps lmao

With ONE titan X which has 12GB of VRAM

GTA V cranked ALL the way UP, takes up all of it.

Shipping sucks

Yes, but I like my games on ultra. and on ultra, gta v already uses 16gb of vram;

so we're already stretching the limits. the only reason I chose not to sli two titan x's is I'm close to affording this and am impatient ;-;

I will sli the 980 ti i get in the future, however from what I've seen one will do just fine till then

Okay, I have not heard of this before. I will try it out tomorrow.  :D

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Okay, I have not heard of this before. I will try it out tomorrow.  :D

KK :) don't forget to throw all those bars up you lucky bastard. I'd have one if I could afford it lol

Shipping sucks

KK :) don't forget to throw all those bars up you lucky bastard. I'd have one if I could afford it lol

I only have one because I bought it cheap from some clearance stock. Got it for £400 and the card is pristine, fucking bargain, mate! I'd still be using my GTX 970 otherwise.  :D

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

He argued the wrong point. If you SLI titan x's you don't even look after settings first of all, you set that shit on ultra and chug ahead with a minimum of 60fps lmao

With ONE titan X which has 12GB of VRAM

GTA V cranked ALL the way UP, takes up all of it.

I'd just like to say that (at 3440x1440) I average ~70fps on GTAV with everything (all advanced features turned on and advanced sliders at 50%) maxed excluding MSAA. Admittedly, GTAV is not at all optimized for AMD hardware, but it takes 2 Fury X's to maintain decent fps in that game. I can imagine that with MSAA on it would require the 6GB of memory from a 980ti, but 12GB is definitely not needed.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

I'd just like to say that (at 3440x1440) I average ~70fps on GTAV with everything (all advanced features turned on and advanced sliders at 50%) maxed excluding MSAA. Admittedly, GTAV is not at all optimized for AMD hardware, but it takes 2 Fury X's to maintain decent fps in that game. I can imagine that with MSAA on it would require the 6GB of memory from a 980ti, but 12GB is definitely not needed.

On 4k, with everything at the very tippy top, it uses 12

Shipping sucks