Need help with 295x2

ciggybumma

hello, i have a question about the 295x2, i have recently purchased a 295x2 for an absolute steal at just $750. Never been mined on or overclocked. I was wondering where is the best place to put the card traditionally i have ran dual gpu Nvidia cards (2x gigabyte 590's, 2x gigabyte 690's and recently a gigabyte titan z) but now i have a gigabyte 295x2 and was wondering where to put the radiator to best cool the card and not hurt my cpu temps too much. I have a coolermaster stryker case with all 4 of my ssds mounted in the drive bay so both 120mm spots on the bottom of the case are available for the 295x2 radiator, also the back of the case is an option. In the roof i have a cooler master nepton 240m. Is their anyone who knows where i should be mounting the radiator for the card? i don't really want it to put 70c heat right near my cpu as id like to try and avoid using the rear spot, but then again i don't want it under the drives heating them up. What is my best solution for the cooler master stryker in the configuration? thanks for all responses.  

PS i does anyone know if it is possible to run the 295x2 with a single 290x in 3 way crossfire? 

hello, i have a question about the 295x2, i have recently purchased a 295x2 for an absolute steal at just $750. Never been mined on or overclocked. I was wondering where is the best place to put the card traditionally i have ran dual gpu Nvidia cards (2x gigabyte 590's, 2x gigabyte 690's and recently a gigabyte titan z) but now i have a gigabyte 295x2 and was wondering where to put the radiator to best cool the card and not hurt my cpu temps too much. I have a coolermaster stryker case with all 4 of my ssds mounted in the drive bay so both 120mm spots on the bottom of the case are available for the 295x2 radiator, also the back of the case is an option. In the roof i have a cooler master nepton 240m. Is their anyone who knows where i should be mounting the radiator for the card? i don't really want it to put 70c heat right near my cpu as id like to try and avoid using the rear spot, but then again i don't want it under the drives heating them up. What is my best solution for the cooler master stryker in the configuration? thanks for all responses.  

PS i does anyone know if it is possible to run the 295x2 with a single 290x in 3 way crossfire? 

I would mount the radiator in the back. Also, be careful when powering it! Hopefully you have some beast PSU.

Also while I think you should be able to do that CF configuration I have no proof that it will work.

Sig under construction.

ciggybumma, on 20 Oct 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

That's not really a steal btw... that's about retail price for the card. 

Anyways, best place to put it will be in the back, right beside where the CPU is, exhausting the air out the back of the case.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Thank you both very much my friend also told me to put it their i was just concerned about cpu temps i really want a quiet pc thats why it's all solid state storage and recently all NFF's12 running low noise adapters. Thank you again i might get the 290x and try 3 way crossfire. PS in Australia the cheapest i could find a 295x2 for was $900 used the rest were brand new and over $1000 so i fell like i got a pretty great deal. 

Set the radiator to exhaust air out of the case - to keep the CPU cool. Ask @Prysin He has one

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Thank you both very much my friend also told me to put it their i was just concerned about cpu temps i really want a quiet pc thats why it's all solid state storage and recently all NFF's12 running low noise adapters. Thank you again i might get the 290x and try 3 way crossfire. PS in Australia the cheapest i could find a 295x2 for was $900 used the rest were brand new and over $1000 so i fell like i got a pretty great deal. 

$750 isn't a bad deal in Australia at all from what I can tell. He probably thought you were in the US where they were around $630 a few months ago (US dollar is significantly more than AUD). 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I have my rad mounted in the front 5 1/4" bays (I have no optical drive) I have also removed the opriginal fan and put push/pull fans on the rad for quieter operation. The main thing is to make sure you have the rad above the card. This ensures that any air bubbles will be in the rad and not the pump/waterblocks. I think the 290x is ok for tri fire but not totally sure. Make sure your psu is good and powerful.

ciggybumma, on 20 Oct 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

No matter what you do, radiators need to be blowing OUT of the case.  If you pull the air in through the radiator all the heat from the radiator will be dispersed inside the case.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Thank you again to all those who commented i will be mounting the radiator on the back of the case in push pul just below the nepton 240m. I will comment again in this forum hopefully on Friday to report how 290x+295x2 tri fire works. thanks again jack 

Thank you again to all those who commented i will be mounting the radiator on the back of the case in push pul just below the nepton 240m. I will comment again in this forum hopefully on Friday to report how 290x+295x2 tri fire works. thanks again jack 

It'll work. My friend got a 295x2 and I bought his existing r9 290 off of him. When we were putting it together, we plugged all three cards into my system for basicallly 4 way crossfire just to see how ridiculous it is. It works. And it's Ridiculous.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

When I had my 295x2, I used a push-pull fan configuration with the pull fan outside my case. Looked ghetto af, I liked it.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero