Fx 8350 with MSI 970 Gaming?

Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

Last update before I go the benchmark Is running for 8 min now without throttle instead of throttling at 3 min the things I did was go to 4 ghz and change to 1.3 volt

as you lower the voltage you lower stress on your motherboard and heat from your CPU cooler...you could try to lower it even more until you encounter instability, and then up it one notch...but at this point it should not trottle...i suspect a bad instalation of your CPU cooler, maybe the fan won't provide enough air to cool the CPU, or you don't have enough/or too much thermal paste...the way the CPU cooler is mounted is not optimial either with the fan taking air straight from this very hot R9 290 of yours...i understand you can't switch it though, and even then the temps should be perfectly fine especialy with those low voltage settings...man try to lower it even more and inspect your CPU cooling...see if the CPU get hot for real or what?...

huehuehue... touch shit....

dont you have a 8000$ thermal imaging camera at hand?

i do

no :(

i usualy touch shit...

indeed the settings i proposed where for 4.2ghz i assume it should be stable with 1.325v if it's not then try 20x200 and see if it's better...keep voltage bellow 1.34v or so and your motherboard should have no issues handling it.

Ohhh now I get it

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

indeed the settings i proposed where for 4.2ghz i assume it should be stable with 1.325v if it's not then try 20x200 and see if it's better...keep voltage bellow 1.34v or so and your motherboard should have no issues handling it.

Well I got into windows

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Ohhh now I get it

in the best world you can do both a slight overclock and a noticeable downvolt at the same time...motherboards typicaly by default feed too much power to the CPU that is not required for stability and lowering the vcore is always a good thing to try even if you still use default clockspeed...especialy on a high power part like the FX CPU's the energy savings and reduction in heat output and noise can be quite significant.

if your CPU is crap then you might have to settle to 4.0ghz which again will not impact performance much anyways.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Well I got into windows

try some games, run some test if you have cinebench or aida or something and see how the computer respond to those settings and keep me in check.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

try some games, run some test if you have cinebench or aida or something and see how the computer respond to those settings and keep me in check.

Alright my cpu is going back a bit sometimes to 3.4 ghz

Alright my cpu is going back a bit sometimes to 3.4 ghz

when not under load or while under load?

it's normal for the CPU to trottle down on idle to save power, but if it trottle when under full load then it means something is still overheating.

What your CPU temps looks like now and what CPU cooler are you using on this?

when not under load or while under load?it's normal for the CPU to trottle down on idle to save power, but if it trottle when under full load then it means something is still overheating.What your CPU temps looks like now and what CPU cooler are you using on this?

under de load and it's throttling real hard right now like 2ghz

when not under load or while under load?it's normal for the CPU to trottle down on idle to save power, but if it trottle when under full load then it means something is still overheating.What your CPU temps looks like now and what CPU cooler are you using on this?

the motherboard is overheating at least the cpu tin In hw monitor

under de load and it's throttling real hard right now like 2ghz

CPU temps?

what is your setup look like? do you have proper air intake and exausts in your case? what are the ambient temp in your room?

Try even lower then...can you boot with 1.3v and 20x200mhz?

CPU cooler you using?CPU temps?what is your setup look like? do you have proper air intake and exausts in your case? what are the ambient temp in your room?

I use the hyper 412s the cpu temps are max 53 but when cpu tin goes to 65 it throttles. Also here is a pic https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3n5b15hak1rhlh/IMG_20151019_191219728.jpg?dl=0

Setup is send shortly after

I use the hyper 412s the cpu temps are max 53 but when cpu tin goes to 65 it throttles. Also here is a pic https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3n5b15hak1rhlh/IMG_20151019_191219728.jpg?dl=0

Setup is send shortly after

absolutely NONE of these temps are of any concerns as far as i'm concerned, i have absolutely NO IDEA why your CPU is being trottled down the voltage regulation modules on your motherboard can reach 100c before it will even begin consider trottling down the CPU and from what i see your is only hitting around 65c right now which is completely within specifications...i don't know...CPU is really changing it's clockspeed when under load with those temps!?

CPU temps?what is your setup look like? do you have proper air intake and exausts in your case? what are the ambient temp in your room?Try even lower then...can you boot with 1.3v and 20x200mhz?

And the ambient temp right now are about 25 is my guess but that's because of the gpu also my case is burning hot like I can't even touch it

absolutely NONE of these temps are of any concerns as far as i'm concerned, i have absolutely NO IDEA what your CPU is being trottled down the voltage regulation modules on your motherboard can reach 100c before it will even begin consider trottling down the CPU and from what i see your is only hitting around 65c right now which is completely within specifications...i don't know...CPU is really changing it's clockspeed when under load with those temps!?

That's why I've got no idea and new cooling or mobo was my idea :/

That's why I've got no idea and new cooling or mobo was my idea :/

I KNOW, go into your bios and turn OFF every AMD power saving features you might see and try again. Cool and quiet...those type of shit. And Enable HPC mode.

At this point i no longer worry about your motherboard or cooling it looks fine it's a setting somewhere that is doing that.

absolutely NONE of these temps are of any concerns as far as i'm concerned, i have absolutely NO IDEA why your CPU is being trottled down the voltage regulation modules on your motherboard can reach 100c before it will even begin consider trottling down the CPU and from what i see your is only hitting around 65c right now which is completely within specifications...i don't know...CPU is really changing it's clockspeed when under load with those temps!?

Mor info

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnr5d5v3zyb3csb/IMG_20151019_192222721.jpg?dl=0

Omg this seems odd

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yu0s9fq0axlzd75/IMG_20151019_192514191.jpg?dl=0

And this are all the tempshttps://www.dropbox.com/s/ym1reprtnkxbrby/IMG_20151019_192616868.jpg?dl=0

I KNOW, go into your bios and turn OFF every AMD power saving features you might see and try again. Cool and quiet...those type of shit. And Enable HPC mode.At this point i no longer worry about your motherboard or cooling it looks fine it's a setting somewhere that is doing that.

So all of these

Cool quiet

C1E

Aecure virtual machine

Core c6 mode

CPU thermal throttle auto?

everything is fine the strange report for PSU fan RPM is not surprising any fan can report a 18000RPM spike from time to time this is not uncommon...everyhting looks good but your CPU is trottling please refer to my preivous post and test again and report:

''go into your bios and turn OFF every AMD power saving features you might see and try again. Cool and quiet...those type of shit. And Enable HPC mode.

At this point i no longer worry about your motherboard or cooling it looks fine it's a setting somewhere that is doing that. ''

everything is fine the strange report for PSU fan RPM is not surprising any fan can report a 18000RPM spike from time to time this is not uncommon...everyhting looks good but your CPU is trottling please refer to my preivous post and test again and report:''go into your bios and turn OFF every AMD power saving features you might see and try again. Cool and quiet...those type of shit. And Enable HPC mode.

At this point i no longer worry about your motherboard or cooling it looks fine it's a setting somewhere that is doing that. ''

look at previous post

So all of these

Cool quiet

C1E

Aecure virtual machine

Core c6 mode

CPU thermal throttle auto?

yes, turn all that shit to OFF or Disabled. and test again..if the system dont post or act too wierd just reset the cmos by removing the battery for 30sec and holing the case power button to discharge everything this will reset to default settings...

And where can I find hpc mode

it might be called hyper computing mode or something like that? you might not have it in which case just ignore. Disable C1E and C6 and cool and quiet and test again.

CPU thermal trottle you can turn off but monitor your temps!!! i suggest you leave it on...the cpu will not trottle until it hits like 80c anyways which is really not the case here...leave it on auto it's fine...

everything is fine the strange report for PSU fan RPM is not surprising any fan can report a 18000RPM spike from time to time this is not uncommon...everyhting looks good but your CPU is trottling please refer to my preivous post and test again and report:''go into your bios and turn OFF every AMD power saving features you might see and try again. Cool and quiet...those type of shit. And Enable HPC mode.

Nvm

And what to do with cpu throttle? Disable? Could be dangerous

yes, leave ON

yes, leave ON

Alright got into windows and just started the benchmark aida64 btw I've done cpu and fpu