TIFU Cleaned my PC with compressed air but it spit some sort of liquid

Gandek

So i just finished cleaning my build which got pretty dusty after not having cleaned it in about 6 months, the first time it was cleaned a friend did it for me. So basically i had a regular compressed air can (duster) i did not look up a exact guide on how to do it i just knew it got pretty cold so i wore gloves. I got through a bunch of parts but when i got to the GPU i noticed it wasnt air coming out anymore it was some sort of liquid i stopped immediately and put the build back together. Now im currently running the PC typing this not noticing anything unusual. My guess is i should be fine as that liquid that got onto my components and especially GPU should have just evaporated pretty quickly but what do i know... what are your thoughts?   

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

I think it's fine.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

So i just finished cleaning my build which got pretty dusty after not having cleaned it in about 6 months, the first time it was cleaned a friend did it for me. So basically i had a regular compressed air can (duster) i did not look up a exact guide on how to do it i just knew it got pretty cold so i wore gloves. I got through a bunch of parts but when i got to the GPU i noticed it wasnt air coming out anymore it was some sort of liquid i stopped immediately and put the build back together. Now im currently running the PC typing this not noticing anything unusual. My guess is i should be fine as that liquid that got onto my components and especially GPU should have just evaporated pretty quickly but what do i know... what are your thoughts?   

The liquid is Liquid Nitrogen, but I should be fine as long as you didn't get a lot on it.

where you holding it upside-down? Thats usually when it happens

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

You should be fine seeing as the stuff evaporates almost instantly at room temperature. Next time your using a can however, if you keep it upright you will avoid this. Also, you shouldn't need gloves. If you feel it start to get too cold(frost starting to buildup on the outside) you should take a break and let it warm back up real quick.

Compressed air in a can is not actually compressed air. It's liquid that expands quickly into a gas, which is why when you put the can upside down and spray it, liquid comes out. The gas is now at the bottom of the can and the liquid is at the top. Because of that property, the liquid quickly evaporates into a gas - and therefore you have nothing to worry about.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

where you holding it upside-down? Thats usually when it happens

Yep i was trying to get the GPU fans go figure 

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

Yep i was trying to get the GPU fans go figure 

Then that was what caused it, just tilt your pc on it's side next time.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

When using air in a can , your supposed to use it in short bursts while keeping the can upright. 

Those are actually the instructions right on the can, that you probably should have read before using it. You are also supposed to stop using the can once it gets cold and let it rest and get back to normal temperatures.

There is a good reason why there is WARNING labels on items and also DIRECTIONS.

The liquid is Liquid Nitrogen, but I should be fine as long as you didn't get a lot on it.

It's CO2 not Ln2 lol

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

your computer will be fine. just dont get too much on your skin and you'll be fine too. (ive actually got a scar from when i was showing my friend why you dont do that)

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.