Good GPU Fan Curve

UnicornChris

I was looking for a good fan curve for my GPU, one that is won't be heard over my case fans on silent when not gaming (They have a switch on top for quiet and performance), and while gaming I'd like it to be moderately cool. I would also like to make use of the Temperature hysteresis in Afterburner. So to sum it up, VERY quiet while not gaming, not overheating while gaming, and after I'm done gaming I want to make use of the hysteresis to get it down to silent right after I'm done gaming.

CPU: Intel i5 6600k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4-2400 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB PSU: Corsair 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Case: NZXT Phantom 530

I was looking for a good fan curve for my GPU, one that is won't be heard over my case fans on silent when not gaming (They have a switch on top for quiet and performance), and while gaming I'd like it to be moderately cool. I would also like to make use of the Temperature hysteresis in Afterburner. So to sum it up, VERY quiet while not gaming, not overheating while gaming, and after I'm done gaming I want to make use of the hysteresis to get it down to silent right after I'm done gaming.

What graphics card do you have? I would just turn the fans down as low as possible when you are doing light stuff (browser, etc), but then that the fans start to ramp up at around 50C.

Oh my bad I thought I included it. I have a MSI Radeon R9 390, so I have the Frozr coolers so I tend to idle around 59 degrees Celsius which may seem high but they saw they do that to preserve life by not wearing out the fans when it's not needed. While running AIDA64 load is no where near scary temps. This reddit post explained it for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedMicroDevices/comments/3db2c9/my_msi_r9_390_gaming_is_idling_at_around_60%C2%BA/

CPU: Intel i5 6600k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR4-2400 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB PSU: Corsair 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Case: NZXT Phantom 530

Oh my bad I thought I included it. I have a MSI Radeon R9 390, so I have the Frozr coolers so I tend to idle around 59 degrees Celsius which may seem high but they saw they do that to preserve life by not wearing out the fans when it's not needed. While running AIDA64 load is no where near scary temps. This reddit post explained it for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/AdvancedMicroDevices/comments/3db2c9/my_msi_r9_390_gaming_is_idling_at_around_60%C2%BA/

I would either keep it as is, or have the fan set to as low as possible. Just to pass some air over the card. And then later have a more aggressive curve whilst you are gaming.

60c is perfectly fine, and the default fan curve is good enough without needing to fiddle with anything.  If you however still want a custom fan profile, the S curve is still the best there is. 

msi_afterburner-2.png

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.