rate my video

so I went out and did one of my first shoots, firemen bikes and water! please rate this video from 1/10 and leave what i could improve, thanks.

advertising

Ding ding. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Self promotion/referrals are not allowed.

TMC said probably, he didn't say it is wink.png. In reality it depends on the niceness of whichever mod strolls over this thread

advertising

but I want to learn from my stuff, this isn't advertising, I'm not trying to get you sub'd, i don't wnat you to sub

4/10.

the change in audio levels is to abrupt.

try a better camera, a different exposure, and a different title spalsh.

either way, against CoC.

@colonel_mortis (Sorry I keep referencing you).

4/10.

either way, against CoC.

ok but thanks, i at least learned something :)

ok but thanks, i at least learned something :)

Sorry I had to report, but this is against the CoC.

:(

2/10 pretty boring bruh

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

1/10, loud obnoxious dubstep, and CoC 

4/10.

either way, against CoC.

but in editing, it sounded good, the same audio level, and when i exported it, the same story

but in editing, it sounded good, the same audio level, and when i exported it, the same story

hmmm...

Which editing program?

so I went out and did one of my first shoots, firemen bikes and water! please rate this video from 1/10 and leave what i could improve, thanks.

I actually like it. It's pretty funny. The intermittent Skrillex-Cinema was reminiscent of the John Cena prank call. 10/10 it made me laugh.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

hmmm...

Which editing program?

sony vegas pro 13

I actually like it. It's pretty funny. The intermittent Skrillex-Cinema was reminiscent of the John Cena prank call. 10/10 it made me laugh.

is this sarcastic?

sony vegas pro 13

hmmm..

something must be wrong with the export.

either way, the audio jumps around way to quickly..

And I gotta go, so bye!

is this sarcastic?

No. I actually laughed. Good job!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

No. I actually laughed. Good job!

thanks bro

I'd suggest working on stabilizing the video, perhaps a tripod?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I'd suggest working on stabilizing the video, perhaps a tripod?

crazy as is, i don't have or have money for a tripod.

but i heard someone say that i should get a better camera, it's f#cking 24mp, a sony nex-3n, don't you know how awsome that is for me?

crazy as is, i don't have or have money for a tripod

Then ya better get saving!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

it's f#cking 24mp, a sony nex-3n, don't you know how awsome that is for me?

that is irrelevant for video, considering 1080p is only about 2mp

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

crazy as is, i don't have or have money for a tripod.

but i heard someone say that i should get a better camera, it's f#cking 24mp, a sony nex-3n, don't you know how awsome that is for me?

You don't need a better camera... yet.

You need to stabilize your camera, so a tripod and fluid video head is a good investment.  You need to consider using a focus pulling system.  You also need to work on composition.

In terms of post production, color grading needs work.

What where your camera settings? 

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

It's hilarious to me as to how many people are missing the point here. There are some things in the video that are genuinely funny, and the semi-amateur, handheld shooting (plus the cuts to dubstep) work well with how ridiculous the content is. What I adore about this thread is how people are looking at a silly video and thinking, "Well, the exposure isn't very good, and the colors look rather bad, so this is a solid 2.35/10 for me."

You want appropriate advice? Work on the general pacing of the video - something like this could have been about a minute in length instead, and the title screen isn't very necessary. Cutting could be timed better, too: some shots felt like they dragged on a bit (like the one from 0:29 to 0:40), and the time at which they are introduced is a bit off. Perhaps include an exposition shot of the firemen getting ready, to give the dive some context. That's mostly it, since the enjoyment here isn't about the quality, but rather the content - and it's actually decent content.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"