About air pressure

xgn

Is this the most optimal setting for air pressure? if not then what do you use ?

^  ^

|   |

|   |

<--  |                            |

|                             |

| This is a                |    <--

|  computer case      |    <--

|                             |

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

| |

| |

\/\/

you want more fans blowing in than out

usually front+bottom+side is in and rear+top is out

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

But if its slightly negative wont they pull from the front intake ?

post-217715-0-60123000-1445109681_thumb.

Courtesy of Awesomesauce Network

Alright but in my case i have 3 top fans with 108,4 CFM and the 2 bottom ones only have 59,3 CFM so technically the ones at the top is still going to pull more from the front than bottom.

Alright but in my case i have 3 top fans with 108,4 CFM and the 2 bottom ones only have 59,3 CFM so technically the ones at the top is still going to pull more from the front than bottom.

Fan specs are generally unreliable and it's better to look at in-depth reviews and benchmarks instead. 

There's no clear guide for optimal airflow--aerodynamics isn't exactly simple. 

Things to keep in mind are what the overall airflow is like, where air might draw in from negative pressure and whether or not that is filtered, and it's better to be safe than sorry if dust is a concern.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Fan specs are generally unreliable and it's better to look at in-depth reviews and benchmarks instead. 

There's no clear guide for optimal airflow--aerodynamics isn't exactly simple. 

Things to keep in mind are what the overall airflow is like, where air might draw in from negative pressure and whether or not that is filtered, and it's better to be safe than sorry if dust is a concern.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

ok so in you're opinion front and bottom as intake? i don't like that idea of pulling so much hot air in the system but i will keep it like this then maybe i try it later on thanks.

ok so in you're opinion front and bottom as intake? i don't like that idea of pulling so much hot air in the system but i will keep it like this then maybe i try it later on thanks.

Uhh, I didn't give any specific recommendations because it isn't that simple. If that's what you need, it would help to list your specs. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.