Vinyl collectors thread?

Dude

I saw no vinyl threads so I thought I'd make one.

Set up:

Cambridge Audio TOPAZ amp

Tibo mini-speakers

An old Numark turntable, the Ion audio USB turntable range became a rebrand of these

Last three pick-ups:

And Justice for All original pressing from the Netherlands, near mint condition and only for £12 (£16 with shipping)

South of Heaven original UK pressing. Sleeve and vinyl were in okay but playable shape, at least I got it for just £3

Appetite for Destruction, the one with the uncensored cover. This one is the UK pressing and  I got it for £25.

Anyone else got any good pick-ups and set ups and whatnot?

EDIT: Can this be moved to general discussion please?

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

-snip-

I do not collect Vinyl, but just wanted to say those are awesome pick ups.

And Justice for All is such an amazing album.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Set up

• Amp: Denon PMA-720AE
  • Speakers: Event Opals
  • Turntable: Denon DP-15F. It's not the best, but it was free.

Last three pick ups

• Instinctus Bestialis by Gorgoroth on a ltd. edition picture vinyl
  • Blodets Bånd by Halshug on yellow vinyl
  • With Hearts Towards None by Mgła on classic black vinyl

These days I primarily buy CDs. I tend to only buy vinyl if there is a cool limited pressing.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I do not collect Vinyl, but just wanted to say those are awesome pick ups.

And Justice for All is such an amazing album.

Thanks man, And Justice For All is a solid album too. The bass is really audible on this pressing so maybe the digital masters had ruined bass? I'm not sure, anyway, Frayed Ends, One, Blackened and the title song are just beautiful. 

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Set up

• Amp: Denon PMA-720AE
  • Speakers: Event Opals
  • Turntable: Denon DP-15F. It's not the best, but it was free.

Last three pick ups

• Instinctus Bestialis by Gorgoroth on a ltd. edition picture vinyl
  • Blodets Bånd by Halshug on yellow vinly
  • With Hearts Towards Non by Mgła on classic black vinyl

These days I primarily buy CDs. I tend to only buy vinyl if there is a cool limited pressing.

I primarily buy vinyl because I have a faulty SATA power cable meaning my dvd drive won't work and I don't have a CD player lol. Nice pick ups, I only have one picture disc and that would be Peace Sells by Megadeth.

Thanks man, And Justice For All is a solid album too. The bass is really audible on this pressing so maybe the digital masters had ruined bass? I'm not sure, anyway, Frayed Ends, One, Blackened and the title song are just beautiful. 

Ouch. Hopefully it isn't too bad. I have the CD and the bass sounds fine across all devices for me. Could be a bad press like you said.

Blackened has to be my favorite from the album. I love my metal fast. Haha

Megadeth. Nice. My favorite album will always be "The System Has Failed".

A lot of my friends hate me because of that claiming that album sounds "too new" and isn't like old school Megadeth, but I don't care. I love EVERY track on that album and my favorite would have to be "Back In The Day", with "Tears In A Vial" second, and "Of Mice and Men" as third.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I've been into vinyl since I was a little kid. My dad is big into vinyl and about a year ago I acquired about 100 records from him. 

My setup

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V690

Turntable : Denon DP-35F (with a Ortofon OM5E Cartridge)

Speakers: 2 Polk Audio RT3 2 Way Bookshelf Speakers

Subwoofer : Polk Audio PSW505

Last 3 pickups: 

Frank Zappa : Bongo Fury

Pink Floyd : Animals 

Spooky Black : Leaving 

-snip-

Are you a Behemoth fan by chance?

They have some cool vinyls.

It might be the original mix. ...And Justice for All had a lot more bass in the original mix

And Dyers Eve is my favorite tarck on that album.

Are you a Behemoth fan by chance?

They have some cool vinyls.

I am a Behemoth fan.

But the only vinyl I have from them is the copper spotted version of The Satanist. 

I am a Behemoth fan.

But the only vinyl I have from them is the copper spotted version of The Satanist. 

Beautiful. That may be favorite looking vinyl. Favorite track is "O Father...". Played live, it is just so beautiful.

I saw them in 2014 at the Metal Alliance Tour.

Got the meet and greet package and got my bandages and poster signed by everyone who played that night.

I had bandages because I just had a shoulder surgery the day before but didn't want to miss the concert. Haha

My vinyl collection ended up in a house fire last year sadly, any recommendations for good e-tailors selling vinyl? Niche e-tailors are fine, open to all suggestions.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

My vinyl collection ended up in a house fire last year sadly, any recommendations for good e-tailors selling vinyl? Niche e-tailors are fine, open to all suggestions.

Musicstack and Discogs are amazing e-tailers.

It might be the original mix. ...And Justice for All had a lot more bass in the original mix

And Dyers Eve is my favorite tarck on that album.

I am a Behemoth fan.

Dyer's Eve is actually quite deep, especially for thrash metal. I think my version might be the original mix, except the bass is a fair bit more prominent. I've really turned around on my old thoughts on AJFA and honestly, even though the songs are fairly long, it's such a good album. The lyrics are dark, heavy and a real change in tone. One is an absolute classic and is an essential metal track these days. I get goosebumps when I listen to it on vinyl, it's just that good.

Beautiful. That may be favorite looking vinyl. Favorite track is "O Father...". Played live, it is just so beautiful.

I saw them in 2014 at the Metal Alliance Tour.

Got the meet and greet package and got my bandages and poster signed by everyone who played that night.

I had bandages because I just had a shoulder surgery the day before but didn't want to miss the concert. Haha

I have seen Behemoth live a couple of time and they have a killer live show. 

They might be my second favorite live metal act.

I can recommend Discogs, but always be a vary about the people you are buying from. 

I have recieved my fair share of beat up records from there.

I can also recommend Bandcamp for new vinyl records. 

Not every artist sell physical copies, but a lot of them do.

Dyer's Eve is actually quite deep, especially for thrash metal. I think my version might be the original mix, except the bass is a fair bit more prominent. I've really turned around on my old thoughts on AJFA and honestly, even though the songs are fairly long, it's such a good album. The lyrics are dark, heavy and a real change in tone. One is an absolute classic and is an essential metal track these days. I get goosebumps when I listen to it on vinyl, it's just that good.

...And Justice for All is actually my favorite Metallica album. I have never been a big Metallica fan, but that album is something.

Is the album you got an official pressing? You sometime get really weird distortion on some bootleg copies.

I have some fairly bad bootlegs of different albums (mainly unofficial East European pressings), and they can sound very strange sometimes.

I have seen Behemoth live a couple of time and they have a killer live show. 

They might be my second favorite live metal act.

I can recommend Discogs, but always be a vary about the people you are buying from. 

I have recieved my fair share of beat up records from there.

I can also recommend Bandcamp for new vinyl records. 

Not every artist sell physical copies, but a lot of them do.

...And Justice for All is actually my favorite Metallica album. I have never been a big Metallica fan, but that album is something.

Is the album you got an official pressing? You sometime get really weird distortion on some bootleg copies.

I have some fairly bad bootlegs of different albums (mainly unofficial East European pressings), and they can sound very strange sometimes.

It's an official pressing, the prominence in bass is due to vinyl not being as compressed as sound is on YouTube.