Website Template and Managment

blu4
Go to solution Solved by Samppa221,

That theme looks like it's made for WordPress and Joomla. WordPress would be a nice and easy way to start. You can probably get a html version of it as well

I'll start off by saying I have absolutely NO idea how to code and design a website. All I know it runs HTML with CSS and some other gibberish. I want to host a website and I found a template that I like-

http://themeforest.net/item/ethic-education-event-and-course-template/10251143

What program do I use to install/manage it? I heard about Dreamweaver but I don't like it.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

That theme looks like it's made for WordPress and Joomla. WordPress would be a nice and easy way to start. You can probably get a html version of it as well

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Says under the template that it works best with WordPress and Joomla. <Facepalm>

Thanks for reading the website for me xD

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Says under the template that it works best with WordPress and Joomla. <Facepalm>

Thanks for reading the website for me xD

The wordpress option seems to cost more (59$)

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

The template that you linked does not need a CMS like Wordpress or Joomla. Those links you see are alternate versions.

If you purchase this version, you can just download, unzip, drop into your FTP server, and you'll be up and running. It is based off of Bootstrap 3.

On the Wordpress or Joomla template, you will edit the content through those, but with the template you linked, everything needs to be edited via HTML/PHP/CSS edits of the files directly.

The template that you linked does not need a CMS like Wordpress or Joomla. Those links you see are alternate versions.

If you purchase this version, you can just download, unzip, drop into your FTP server, and you'll be up and running. It is based off of Bootstrap 3.

On the Wordpress or Joomla template, you will edit the content through those, but with the template you linked, everything needs to be edited via HTML/PHP/CSS edits of the files directly.

Ok, what about running the website on IIS 2012?