MKBHD's top 5 under 200

Aphexx

here's a new vid for us audio guys to link to people who ask for stuff under the $200 pricepoint. 

the #2 selection surprised me but I do advocate wireless all the time and its nice to see someone else making that stand as well. 

edit: damn browsers. link added

here's a new vid for us audio guys to link to people who ask for stuff under the $200 pricepoint. 

the #2 selection surprised me but I do advocate wireless all the time and its nice to see someone else making that stand as well. 

where is the video?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I want the #2 because it would be great for my biking and runs. They look like they would stay in the ear during the activity. and no cord while biking is so nice.

And I have had the #1 on my list for a while really want them. I've only had the earphones that come with the phone and a turtle beach headset that seemed to be 40/60 for some dam reason. But they are very nice.

Don't know much about headphones but in that video he said he doesn't use an amp. If I used an amp would this list change or would the audio technica just improve in sound? If I hook them up to a home theatre would that be considered an amp?

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Not a bad list but i do tend to think that the M50 is a little overrated, especially considering that they are years old and lots of great stuff has come out since then.

Headset

Haven't heard about the BlueBuds X before but I am not a fan of wireless audio equipment. What you have to remember is that the DAC on wireless devices are built in to the headphones/earbuds and they are usually pretty bad. I can't even find a proper review of them which is a big warning sign.

Overall, I think his list isn't that great. Not bad, but not great.

old wireless from 4-5 years ago was bad but as with any tech things have evolved and every day are getting better. 

I also had a bias against bluetooth audio but I have heard the current A2DP has changed things for the better and was very skeptical and was hoping for a new generation of bluetooth to evolve before considering wireless bluetooth audio. but then again the world moves on and perhaps current A2DP has already evolved. 

I also agree the ath m50 is getting overhyped, myself, I've toned down recommending them right away as well. I wonder how the akg 240 measures up vs the m50

Can't say I am surprised for #1 place, but it was absolutely predictable, and anyone who has tried the M50 vs any other headphones for the same price points would straight out know that they surpass even more expensive alternatives.

As for the others, I really doubt these are the "best" options for under 200$.

He didn't even mention the DT770 even though for the price they are going for atm, they are an absolute steal.

Didn't know Earbuds were an option, until #2.

Having used them, for sound quality, they get surpassed by quite a bit by sennheiser CXC 700 or Etymotic HF5.

#3 also surprises me quite a bit. I can't believe how AKG, Denon, Shure.. etc were over looked, and replaced by Vmoda LP, which are really lacking on both mids and treble compared to what the others offer for the same price points.

But again, Audio is an opinion, and I can't fault him (or any other person) on what they believe sounds better.