Modify Taskbar in Windows 7

T.Vengeance

When I select autohide in the start menu options, the taskbar hides but has a tiny 3-4 pixel tab showing. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? Registry hacks?

post-8870-0-92192800-1376691408.png

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Pretty sure this would be called a tweak. An example of hacking is when you rig your washing machine to send you a text message when the load is done.

I'm interested too, will sub.

Pretty sure this would be called a tweak. An example of hacking is when you rig your washing machine to send you a text message when the load is done.

This sounds absolutely amazing.

I'm not sure if there would be a fix for this, since not everyone hides their task bar and even less care about the 1-2 pixels of the hidden bar showing.

Error: 410

This sounds absolutely amazing.

I'm not sure if there would be a fix for this, since not everyone hides their task bar and even less care about the 1-2 pixels of the hidden bar showing.

I think everyone who hides the task bar cares about the few pixels that still show.  I don't usually hide mine but I'd like to know how to have none of it showing if I hide it.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Tried it and sadly no. I thought maybe the Collapse Taskbar option would work but that just removes all the program icons and shifts the clock/notification area left. The remove taskbar defeats the purpose of me hiding it, since I can't just move my cursor the bottom and get it back again. Thanks for the suggestion though :) 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Tried it and sadly no. I thought maybe the Collapse Taskbar option would work but that just removes all the program icons and shifts the clock/notification area left. The remove taskbar defeats the purpose of me hiding it, since I can't just move my cursor the bottom and get it back again. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

Oh bummer. I am in the same boat as you tho with wanting the bar to not show its few pixels. 

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Great, thanks to you now I noticed that my autohidden task bar has 3 pixels exposed :angry:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Having the 3 pixels visible, I think it's a great way to see where your task bar items are, so that you can position your mouse closer to them, and where is the focused window item. While you dont' know what they are, I think it help guide you through. At least I think this was the idea.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18