Pacman in java

andy99199

I have to write a Pacman game with java. My requirements are

the maze can be changed in different stages,

Pacman will generates the small radius of sound when he moves and ghosts can hear it,

there will be transparent mirrors on some parts of the wall to let ghosts see through,

ghosts will pass location of Pacman to each other and choose the shortest part to chase Pacman when they see him

physics based motion will be apply to movement of Pacman (if he hit the wall he will be bounced back and generate the sound twice as loud as when he move).

I would like to know what java libraries do i have to use and why? Thanks a lot for your time.

Why are you making a Pacman clone.

Make something creative, make something yours and don't just copy something!

I presume it wasn't your choice Andy?

It is my choice ofc. Yeah instead of getting a clone I would like to write from scratch. That's why i m asking what java libraries i should use.

Yeah instead of getting a clone I would like to write from scratch.

I don't think that you understand what a clone actually is.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

If you have to write a Pac Man game in Java, rip your system resources

Why does everyone have the misconception that java is a resource hog? It is just as fast as c++ (maybe a bit slower in some tasks) and I like the syntax and included libraries better. 

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Why does everyone have the misconception that java is a resource hog? It is just as fast as c++ (maybe a bit slower in some tasks) and I like the syntax and included libraries better. 

Because it is?

I understand Minecraft isn't the best example but I'm sure many will agree with me that Java can be a mess.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

it's nothing to do with how fast it is, it's just how inefficient it is.

Sorry but no interpreted language is going to be as fast as a native one.

Because it is?

I understand Minecraft isn't the best example but I'm sure many will agree with me that Java can be a mess.

Java is not a mess Minecraft is.

In fact it's nothing to do with either Minecraft or Java but how and for what it has been used as a language by people. You see it come down to one simple premise: The right tool for the right job.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Because it is?

Do some research first. It is not that bad at all.

That's always the tradeoff when using a higher-level language, but still I don't see many people coding in assembly nowadays ;)

That's always the tradeoff when using a higher-level language, but still I don't see many people coding in assembly nowadays ;)

last game i've seen with assembly used was rollercoaster tycoon and it was a bitch to mod it

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

It is interpreted at first, but after some time, which is not very long, the jvm will start compiling the code to native instructions. So the only way java is slower is in the startup and a little later.

last game i've seen with assembly used was rollercoaster tycoon and it was a bitch to mod it

Yeah exactly. I'd much rather use java and have a small performance hit, but enjoy all the included libraries and superior (imo) syntax.

Just spent the last hour trying to figure out how to parse Pacman with Java.. really should of read past the title. 

Java is not a mess Minecraft is.

In fact it's nothing to do with either Minecraft or Java but how and for what it has been used as a language by people. You see it come down to one simple premise: The right tool for the right job.

everything about minecraft is a mess - Minecraft gave Java the interpretation that Java is a mess