How do you have your foobar setup/customized to your liking?

Kevinkt

Since alot of people use foobar, I'm wondering how other people have theirs setup. Here's mine.

I8Z6v4dl.png

Still on Winamp.

Anyone know the most painless way to migrate? As if now it seems like it would take me no less than a week to make a clean transition.

xCzlYB1.jpg

Error: 410

I basically copied Logan's exactly, mostly.

Still on Winamp.

xCzlYB1.jpg
Anyone know the most painless way to migrate? As if now it seems like it would take me no less than a week to make a clean transition.

Why would it take a week? :| *completely serious*

9518689811_60786a8c7f_b.jpg

It is easy to transition imo.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yea, I was thinking about copying Logan's but I like how mine came out.

It is easy to transition imo.

Are the playlists easily transferable from Winamp to Foobar? Because even moving playlists from Winamp to Winamp would be more than enough to get a masochist off.

It would probably take longer for me since everytime I've moved such a large library I do some cleaning and I'd have to pick through some dupes.

Also, is Spork AB CI totem witch still any good after patch? My account is at I think 73 gathering dust.

Are the playlists easily transferable from Winamp to Foobar? Because even moving playlists from Winamp to Winamp would be more than enough to get a masochist off.

It would probably take longer for me since everytime I've moved such a large library I do some cleaning and I'd have to pick through some dupes.

Also, is Spork AB CI totem witch still any good after patch? My account is at I think 73 gathering dust.

What file type can Winamp export them to? Just export and import to foobar. Change the music folder DIR in foobar and start using columns UI

inb4 hate mail:

I don't understand the point of Foobar.  :mellow:

Because it's cool.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

What file type can Winamp export them to? Just export and import to foobar. Change the music folder DIR in foobar and start using columns UI

M3U, M3U8, and PLS.

The problem with Winamp is that the file locations are stored within the playlists I think. My music is stored in a complicated set of sub-directories with folders in folders in folders in folders instead of just everything in a music folder. Is Foobar able to associate songs in a playlist through layers of folders in a main directory? 

oh and does foobar support syncing with Android? Add-on for it perhaps?

inb4 hate mail:

What do you use to listen to music then? Your CD player?  That's so 90's.

Ok I'm done...

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

M3U, M3U8, and PLS.

The problem with Winamp is that the file locations are stored within the playlists I think. My music is stored in a complicated set of sub-directories with folders in folders in folders in folders instead of just everything in a music folder. Is Foobar able to associate songs in a playlist through layers of folders in a main directory? 

As long as you don't move them I think you should be fine. foobar allows multiple folder directires for the music dir section. PLs and m3u should work with foobar IIRC. Install it and import that shit over dog.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

Still on Winamp.

xCzlYB1.jpg

It will take you no more than 1 hour. Seriously.

Yes. Foobar loads and saves playlists as M3U and M3U8. Everything should transition perfectly fine.

Foobar's Edit menu has a "Remove Duplicates" option. And when it says "removes" it means delete the files. Not just remove them from your library/playlists.

Spork Totem is always viable. Always. It is fast and efficient. It is not fun, but it is not meant to be.

M3U, M3U8, and PLS.

Foobar can handle any level of file structure. Just click "Add Folder" and select the folder that contains ALL your music. It will find all of it. Or alternatively just import the playlists. That should be enough assuming all your playlists contain every single bit of your music.

Foobar can sync with Android. It can be a Media streaming server too. 

Let me put it this way: I can throw 1,000 (30% being duplicates) music files into a random file structure and select that entire file structure and Foobar will see it all. I can then hit Ctrl + A and click the Edit menu and click "Remove Duplicates" and all duplicates will be deleted. Note that those numbers are made up as I do not have that many files, but my point is that Foobar can handle it.

Then, I can hit Ctrl + A again, Right Click the music in the library, click "Move To", designate a location, designate a file structure and naming scheme for the music based on Metadata that he music carries (Date made, album, artist, title, Codec, etc) and click "Run" and Foobar will move to organize every single one of the music files, and rename it according to my naming scheme and organize it according to my file structure. 

It takes it all of about 1-2 minutes (due to the sheer number of files), but once it is done, it works almost flawlessly. Sometimes you have to re-select all music in the library via Ctrl + A and then re-run the Move To File Operation as the folders work out strange, but running it a second time has always fixed it for me.

The "File Operations Setup" window that Foobar uses,

9519265007_6137e8c970_b.jpg

Note the destination folder (my NAS) and the File Name Pattern (the %'s designate metadata basically). 

And running that will all my songs selected results in this level of organization:

9519352733_95b97325c3_b.jpg

It automates that level of organization. Basically, in my Music Folder, there are 3 folders: FLAC, MP3, and PCM (WAV format). Within those folders, the music is organized by date and album and within those folders, the files are renamed and organized by artist and title. 

Of course, you can choose your own layout, but my point is: Great things can be done very fast with Foobar.

Installation/Customization,

File organization,

Do note that this will not break your playlists if you import them into Foobar. Foobar is smart. It will reassign music locations as it organizes the music. Meaning your playlists will stay in tact so long as they import into Foobar before you organize the music (so import them into Foobar, then organize the music using Move To and File Operations, not before). 

That is why it will take you an hour tops. Because Foobar is fricking awesome. And because of this, there is no excuse to not use it :D

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Mine is shamefully copied from Logan, because All My previous attempts Were not very functional or pretty, now I just have to finetune my color scheme

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

What do you use to listen to music then? Your CD player?  That's so 90's.

Ok I'm done...

Spotify mostly, Media Monkey for files I own.

The little icon in the bottom right appears when a new song starts, to let me know which song is playing.

10 Internets to whoever recognizes the character in the top left (album art for whichever song is currently playing). Hint: It's from a huge technology company I think everyone here knows.

Foobar.png

inb4 hate mail:

Simple, clean, insanely customizable with support for themes and plugins that can replace the entire UI and functionality in just about any way you want..

It's also much faster and efficient than all others I've used. I used to use Winamp for years, but I always hated how it was so slow to start up.

Anyhow, as for how mine looks....

post-18004-0-91441700-1376691237.jpg

------------------------ Liquidfox R3 ------------------------

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact – Corsair AX860i – Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – AMD Ryzen 7 5900X – Nvidia GTX1070 Founders

The little icon in the bottom right appears when a new song starts, to let me know which song is playing.

10 Internets to whoever recognizes the character in the top left (album art for whichever song is currently playing). Hint: It's from a huge technology company I think everyone here knows.

Foobar.png

How did you get the album art listed like that? 

I would cheat, but I do not know the anime character and will leave it for someone else.

† Christian Member †

+1 for Kore wa Zombie desu ka

edit: oh god yes Highschool DxD too!

post-7799-0-72337100-1374627272_thumb.pn

Korean Zombie Desk Car? That show was something else...

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

How did you get the album art listed like that? 

I would cheat, but I do not know the anime character and will leave it for someone else.

Actually, someone gave me the style a long time ago so I don't know all the settings he changed. I am pretty sure one of the default layouts is fairly similar though, with album art being shown next to each new CD and so on.

Anyway, the character is

for Windows 7, made by Microsoft. Her name is Nanami (Nana meaning 7) Madobe (By the window).