I5-4690k

ok this is what i got (with the correct mobo lol) i know the PSU is more then whats needed but im a sucker for Corsair power supplies, and red ram / SSDs to match the mobo and GPU

will be giving her my old Mini ATX case / Samsung 1080 monitor / and peripherals 

Sissys%20PC_zps5defi9oj.jpg

was trying to keep it under $900 but that pretty close...

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

I really wasn't judging, only trying to help. A 30 dollar cooler that has to be replaced to take full advantage of a CPU is 30 dollars wasted. I stuck with the stock cooler until I had saved up for the H105.

That power supply is notorious for being a bad power supply. Sorry I'm nothing but bad news LOL

If anyone asks you never saw me.

That power supply is notorious for being a bad power supply. Sorry I'm nothing but bad news LOL

how so? i read a few of the reviews on newegg and saw a couple arrived dead or failed after a couple of days but most were good reviews... and it has a 2 or 3 year warranty (different sites say different things). and every PC component has the chance of arriving dead... mobos, GPUs, PSU alike

Linus did a video on them showing the dangers of using them. Seasonic is a brand most forum members agree is a good buy but I'm sure someone else will have some suggestions.

Linus did a video on them showing the dangers of using them. Seasonic is a brand most forum members agree is a good buy but I'm sure someone else will have some suggestions.

what? Linus uses Corsair power supplies all the time! he loves them...

So do I, an RM series. Even then I get my shit jumped for using it LOL. The low end Corsairs are known to catch on fire, no joke.

So do I, an RM series. Even then I get my shit jumped for using it LOL. The low end Corsairs are known to catch on fire, no joke.

i really wouldnt say this is a 'high end' build though... its almost a full 100 watts less then what the power supply is rated for...

but ill take a look at some other PSUs anyways and see if there is any i like...

Sissys%20PC%20PSU_zpsqhaziifs.jpg 

you think i can get away with a 350 watt psu? or should i go 400?

and finding a psu with an 8 (6+2)  pin PCIe cable at this low wattage is kinda hard...

I can only advise and advise you  not to go cheap on the PSU I will. Any overclocking you hope to do will go through that PSU. I'd get a 500w, that gives you some room.

so i am helping my sister build her first PC, and she wants to be able to play around with overclocking the CPU so we have decided on the I5-4690k... we are trying to keep the price down where we can though... so basically my question is, 'is it safe to have a mild overclock on this CPU with air cooling or should she get one of those Corsair self contained CPU water cooling things like the H50 - H80 - H100...?'

personally i have ran water cooling on all of my rigs since my 1st build so i dont really know what air cooling can handle...

Have her mess around with OC on a G3258 Pentium. Then step it up a notch and go 4690k

so i am helping my sister build her first PC, and she wants to be able to play around with overclocking the CPU so we have decided on the I5-4690k... we are trying to keep the price down where we can though... so basically my question is, 'is it safe to have a mild overclock on this CPU with air cooling or should she get one of those Corsair self contained CPU water cooling things like the H50 - H80 - H100...?'

personally i have ran water cooling on all of my rigs since my 1st build so i dont really know what air cooling can handle...

id strongly recommend the nzxt kraken x41/x61. they both outperform the h100i, x41 being only a single 140mm rad as well, and x61 being 280mm, and im my country, both r cheaper than the corsair ones. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||

Im running a hyper 212x on my 4690k, @4.5ghz/1.28v, my avg 100% cpu load temps after 30-60 mins of continuous 100% cpu usage with aida64, was around 75 degrees avg, id imagine a wc will drop 10-20 degrees

CPU: Intel i7 8700k || Motherboard: Asus Z370-E ROG || RAMCorsair 4266 2x8gb || GPU: Sapphire r9 280x tri-x || Case: Corsair 780t || 

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, 1TB Segate Barracuda HDD || PSUSeasonic M12II Evo 850w || Display: AOC i2367FH 1920x1080p 23 Inch ||

CPU Cooler: Corsair h80 || KeyboardCorsair Strafe || MouseCorsair Scimitar || HeadsetHyper X Cloud II || OS: Windows 10 ||