PC Case Fan Silicone/Rubber Screws

Hey guys,

Completely new here, however, i've been watching Linus and his tech techs for years and recently i've been looking for a way to dampen the vibration of case fans in my case.

Now, if it helps, i'm using an NZXT M59 Mid-Tower case right now, soon to upgrade to a Corsair C70 Mid-Tower in a few weeks. I own 4 Corsair AF-120mm Performance fans at the moment and the rubberized corners where the screws go in are a nice touch, however, the NZXT case still has some vibrations.

What i'm ultimately looking for is a place to buy rubber grommets that replace the case fan screws and just snap into place. Kind of like the image in the link below.
*Picture from ebay as an example: http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Set-of-4-Rubber-Noiseless-Fan-Mount-Rivets-Screws-FREE-S-H-/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/$%28KGrHqNHJFQFDKnI!OF7BQ0%291tN%29-w~~60_12.GIF

I've done some searches on NCIX and Newegg as well as a few other known sites and i can't seem to find or name these parts correctly. I know they come with certain fans, but i'd rather not go with those brands and stick to what i enjoy as a case fan (in this particular case, Corsair's AF performance and quiet edition fans).

Thanks again in advance for all the help!

- Nofatchx

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Are all these sites trusted? (obviously amazon is)

the fact that amazon is should suggest that you should just go with them

but if you're asking if the product is trust worthy, being only a few bucks i'd suggest its worth a try. you wont lose alot if they're not good :p

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

the fact that amazon is should suggest that you should just go with them

but if you're asking if the product is trust worthy, being only a few bucks i'd suggest its worth a try. you wont lose alot if they're not good :P

True, however i'm new to this fourms so i'm not sure what is good and what isn't.

As far as trustworthy goes, you're absolutely correct. For a few bucks, i'd risk that. I've done it in the past with cables and adapters, so no worries there.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

True, however i'm new to this fourms so i'm not sure what is good and what isn't.

As far as trustworthy goes, you're absolutely correct. For a few bucks, i'd risk that. I've done it in the past with cables and adapters, so no worries there.

that's fair play buddy :p even if a site isnt trust worthy, i'd literally say its only a few bucks (feels like im repeating the same post lol!)

personally i do all my computer part building through SCAN and AMAZON. though im from the UK so i'm not sure what it'd be like in the good old US of A

p.s    Welcome to the forum :)

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

that's fair play buddy :P even if a site isnt trust worthy, i'd literally say its only a few bucks (feels like im repeating the same post lol!)

personally i do all my computer part building through SCAN and AMAZON. though im from the UK so i'm not sure what it'd be like in the good old US of A

p.s    Welcome to the forum :)

True lol. As far as sites go, i'm from Canada, so it's a bit different then using something simple like amazon lol (amazon canada sucks)

p.s- thanks :)

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

I use FrozenCPU all the time, it is where I get all my cables, and watercooling components, it is where you go for niche products, its actually very popular. The rest (except Amazon) I have never used, but FrozenCPU is very very good, and they have a plethora of options. 

Are all these sites trusted? (obviously amazon is)

FrozenCPU is brilliant.

I use FrozenCPU all the time, it is where I get all my cables, and watercooling components, it is where you go for niche products, its actually very popular. The rest (except Amazon) I have never used, but FrozenCPU is very very good, and they have a plethora of options. 

Ok, thanks. I've looked through the websites and the one that strikes me the most for what i'm looking for was modDIY.com

FrozenCPU is brilliant.

Cool, i'll check out a bunch of their stuff and see what i can get my hands on! Thanks

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

U can check out xoxide for silent rubber screws.

Thanks, i'll take a look!

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

• 1 month later...

**UPDATE**

Hey guys, just a quick update; i went ahead an bought the ModDIY rubberized screws (http://www.moddiy.com/products/modDIY-Rubber-Anti-Vibration-Screw-for-Closed-Chassis-Fans-%284-Pack%29-.html?setCurrencyId=4) and they literally work like a CHARM! If any of you guys are considering going with a rubberized screw, totally 110% reccommend these. Shipping was a little delayed due to a holiday they had in China, however they replyed back to me in less than a day with an update telling me where the package was!

Cheers!

Game Dev | Pro Gamer