Denned's Project Lava Flow (CaseLabs S5)

Denned

@Denned 

question, what are the hole dimesnions on the SSD bracket? I'm looking into modding my case to more cleanly fit ssds (trying to move to just ssds) and would like to have something cleaner, rather than... just double sided tape everywhere,. 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

@Denned 

question, what are the hole dimesnions on the SSD bracket? I'm looking into modding my case to more cleanly fit ssds (trying to move to just ssds) and would like to have something cleaner, rather than... just double sided tape everywhere,. 

I might need a drawing in paint to understand what dimensions you need :P

How long do you have your printer? Seems like one of the older desings with threaded rods. Those were such a pain to assemble.

It's pretty old, actually almost two years. And it was a pain in the ass to assemble. I probably spend the first year trying to make it work atleast somewhat consistent. But I've gotten there by now.

However I enjoyed the experience of building it. I'd never actually done something like that before. Even though it took an entire weekend from morning til late into the night :P

oh the joys of MS paint. 

While i try to do that, I mean how far are the holes spaced apart (holes used to screw into the case)

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

oh the joys of MS paint. 

While i try to do that, I mean how far are the holes spaced apart (holes used to screw into the case)

Aha I see. It should be 63,1mm / 2,48 inches from the furthest point. And 57,4mm / 2,25 inches from the closest. With the hole being ~3mm / 0,118 in diameter

It's pretty old, actually almost two years. And it was a pain in the ass to assemble. I probably spend the first year trying to make it work atleast somewhat consistent. But I've gotten there by now.

However I enjoyed the experience of building it. I'd never actually done something like that before. Even though it took an entire weekend from morning til late into the night :P

Well, my printer was much easier than that. Just some aluminium profiles screwed together. Not really anything to adjust like them hellish threaded rods.

Well, my printer was much easier than that. Just some aluminium profiles screwed together. Not really anything to adjust like them hellish threaded rods.

It's not too bad. They provide a wooden stick, that you can slot in between the rods to get the correct measurements. Probably not as fast to assemble though :P

It's not too bad. They provide a wooden stick, that you can slot in between the rods to get the correct measurements. Probably not as fast to assemble though :P

BTW how much did cable combs cost you? Why not just print them out?

BTW how much did cable combs cost you? Why not just print them out?

They cost me about half a pound each. I could probably print something similar muuch cheaper. However the combs that I did buy, is like one millimeter thick, and I don't think my printer would be able to do something that small.. Atleast not anywhere near the quality..

What printer do you have yourself?

They cost me about half a pound each. I could probably print something similar muuch cheaper. However the combs that I did buy, is like one millimeter thick, and I don't think my printer would be able to do something that small.. Atleast not anywhere near the quality..

What printer do you have yourself?

<---that

Kryal cube. Czech RepRap community is so awesome.

So the build has been finished more or less. Sadly I don't think the liquid color turned out quite the way I hoped. I really like the color, it just doesn't go well with the other orange parts...

Which means that I'll change the liquid for some Mayhems Pastel Orange instead.. If anything I've got enough of the old liquid to reuse that again, if it somehow turns out to be better looking after all.

Anyway, here's a tiny sneak peak for what it currently looks like!

3p8oIhL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The time has come! I finally got around to change the liquid for the some Mayhems Pastel.. Which wasn't quite the right color. Which ment ordering some dye to try and match it somewhat to the other orange parts.

I borrowed a camera and managed to take a few pictures, which I think look somewhat decent! It has to be said, that I have nearly zero knowledge about the skills of taking photos. But gotta start somewhere. I assume many modders photography skills came from documenting mods smile.gif

rGawkWA.jpg

IHaC3EQ.jpg

FwdYuPL.jpg

PwSgTjG.jpg

KhbcW7c.jpg

VWpczWA.jpg

T0Qkzrd.jpg

OnwWyBS.jpg

gyz4ieq.jpg

l7QJg9m.jpg

qp97I9o.jpg

hA9n268.jpg

T1Sq77t.jpg

z38IKmD.jpg

oHVPczu.jpg

Thanks for the comments and for following the project :)

Awesome! Was it hard to fill since your res is so far from the pump?

Yes very hard! Also since the tube from reservoir to the pump, goes up and around the SSD rack, it made it pretty hard to feed the pump, because air would get stuck. So it required ALOT of tilting and shaking. :P