So if you can see from Kington's link:

http://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/cloud/h3cl

There are 3 types of Clouds:

Core, v1, and v2.

So far from what I observed is:

Core: Detachable Mic, and no color choices

v1: "The Original"

v2: More colors, 7.1 USB Card.

But build quality, are foam and etc. are all the same. Amiright?

In my area the pricing are: in PHP

Core - 2400 (≈53.33$)

v1 - 3000 (≈66.66$)

v2 - 3500 (≈77.77$)

Which one to buy? and why? I don't like the Core's color. So it would take alot of convincing to get me to choose it. ahaha

BTW if I decide to get the core or the v1, I'm under the impression that I should get a "good 7.1 soundcard".

Is there anything "better" than the v2's included soundcard? at maybe a 20$ pricepoint?

PCI, PCIE, and USB soundcards are welcome. But I prefer PCI/PCIE.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

The Cloud II has better sound and better materials also mic is much better

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

i believe the cloud 1's are going out of production, and to fill the "lower end" gap they made the cloud core, which is the cloud II with less accessories.

i have a cloud 1, and one of the first things i did was put the velure pads on, because i just like those more :/

off the top of my head the cloud core doesnt come with those. (a thing to consider)

The Cloud II has better sound and better materials also mic is much better

Lies.. Lies... And lies...

Mic is worse.

Cloud 2 benefit is crap surround sound 7.1

Materials are the same

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

i believe the cloud 1's are going out of production, and to fill the "lower end" gap they made the cloud core, which is the cloud II with less accessories.

i have a cloud 1, and one of the first things i did was put the velure pads on, because i just like those more :/

off the top of my head the cloud core doesnt come with those. (a thing to consider)

I can see why Kingston is doing this. The Cloud 1's are very similar to Cloud 2's. No point in Cloud 2's unless they remove all the accesories and dim down the Cloud 1's

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I can see why Kingston is doing this. The Cloud 1's are very similar to Cloud 2's. No point in Cloud 2's unless they remove all the accesories and dim down the Cloud 1's

I have both and the materials are much nicer on the two's and the mic is much better xD

I have both and the materials are much nicer on the two's and the mic is much better xD

I think you confused the 1's with the 2's

you're reading wrong. the cloud 2's are an upgrade to the older cloud 1, and because producing two different products is more expensive, they basicly filled in the price point of the -cheaper- cloud 1 by taking some of the lesser needed accesories out.

I think you confused the 1's with the 2's

the II are better than the first ones

you're reading wrong. the cloud 2's are an upgrade to the older cloud 1, and because producing two different products is more expensive, they basicly filled in the price point of the -cheaper- cloud 1 by taking some of the lesser needed accesories out.

To my extent. The 2's have a worse mic and have crappy surround sound 7.1 ( all headset 7.1 is junk )

Would just get cloud I because the 7.1 is only a software thing which you can do using razer surround. The rest of the specs are the same just a little different spray paint. 

Magical Pineapples

Okay lot's of confusing answers O_O

So what you're saying is Kingston's stopping Cloud I production and filling that hole with the Cloud Core?

But here's the catch actually, I have enough money to buy the Cloud 2. Should I go with it. Or go with the Cloud 1 + shitty 20$ pci/e soundcard combo. Heck I'm not even sure if I can find a soundcard that cheap. HECK +1, I'm not even sure if I NEED the soundcard. ahahahahaha

EDIT:

I like how people in this sub don't blindly suggest other products. People in the component subs ALWAYS suggest other products before giving their answer.

But in this case, I might actually need suggestions for other sub-100$ gaming headphones.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

Okay lot's of confusing answers O_O

So what you're saying is Kingston's stopping Cloud I production and filling that hole with the Cloud Core?

But here's the catch actually, I have enough money to buy the Cloud 2. Should I go with it. Or go with the Cloud 1 + shitty 20$ pci/e soundcard combo. Heck I'm not even sure if I can find a soundcard that cheap. HECK +1, I'm not even sure if I NEED the soundcard. ahahahahaha

EDIT:

I like how people in this sub don't blindly suggest other products. People in the component subs ALWAYS suggest other products before giving their answer.

But in this case, I might actually need suggestions for other sub-100$ gaming headphones.

well, i specificly went for the cloud 1's because they're 100% stereo 3.5mm jacks.

afterwards i discovered it came with a lot more random junk than i expected, i tried the velure pads and i was just sold...

as for a sound card: dont bother on-board audio is plenty these days.

--

i generally like the idea of recommending what a person wants, and not what they think they want.

(example: if someone asks for a build with a titan X, i dont see a problem with suggesting a 980ti if that allows for creating a more balanced build, with minimal differences on the GPU side)

but as far as the clouds, they're BY FAR the best headsets i've ever seen. i used to have a tritton ax180, and they were really comfortable, until i tried my (pretty equally priced) hyperx clouds. i now cannot wear them anymore because they feel like a brick...

well, i specificly went for the cloud 1's because they're 100% stereo 3.5mm jacks.

afterwards i discovered it came with a lot more random junk than i expected, i tried the velure pads and i was just sold...

as for a sound card: dont bother on-board audio is plenty these days.

--

i generally like the idea of recommending what a person wants, and not what they think they want.

(example: if someone asks for a build with a titan X, i dont see a problem with suggesting a 980ti if that allows for creating a more balanced build, with minimal differences on the GPU side)

but as far as the clouds, they're BY FAR the best headsets i've ever seen. i used to have a tritton ax180, and they were really comfortable, until i tried my (pretty equally priced) hyperx clouds. i now cannot wear them anymore because they feel like a brick..

Interesting. Might go with the Cloud v1 then. The white color is just so much better.

But if someone can convince me otherwise that the Cloud v2 has better stuff (besides the usb 7.1), I'm getting it.

--

It's okay to recommend stuff, but at least answer the question on the OP.

Hence the term "blindly".

E.G.

Is the g3258 overclockable?

some forumers would just suggest against the g3258. Not even answering the question.

Karamo

Spoiler

E.G.

Is the g3258 overclockable?

some forumers would just suggest against the g3258. Not even answering the question.

thats the kinds of threads where i press alt-F4 and go to bed.

and it happens more than i would like...

thats the kinds of threads where i press alt-F4 and go to bed.

and it happens more than i would like...

we got a little offtopic there, mb..

soo regarding the cloud 2, is the soundcard AT LEAST mediocre?

im still contemplating this v1 vs v2 thing

Karamo

Spoiler

we got a little offtopic there, mb..

soo regarding the cloud 2, is the soundcard AT LEAST mediocre?

im still contemplating this v1 vs v2 thing

Do you need the external card for any particular reason? Like going to internet cafes or something that would require the use of another machine other than your own. Also, what motherboard do you have? I'd be willing to bet your onboard may be a better choice over the USB.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

uhmmm stilll choosing between the h97m-plus or the z97m-plus. asus.

i doubt that the onboard is better. but i also doubt that the usb is better.

re: using it outside, not really. maybe with my laptop? naaah.

Karamo

Spoiler

• 1 year later...

So... Cloud 2 is better, but why it's more expensive? Because you got a 7.1 Soundcard.

19 hours ago, KoGL said:

So... Cloud 2 is better, but why it's more expensive? Because you got a 7.1 Soundcard.

woah m8 you just necro'd a thread that's almost 2y/o ahahaha

Karamo

Spoiler

Time doesn't matters

• 7 months later...
On 7/5/2017 at 6:39 PM, Noyu said:

woah m8 you just necro'd a thread that's almost 2y/o ahahaha

Bro, where did you get your Cloud v1? Im in PH also