Gear Fit vs Razer Nabu vs Android Wear

minimoose

I'm in the market for a wareable and I'm torn about what kind of wareable to get. The first option is some kind of fitness band like the Gear Fit (which works on the Oneplus one with a workaround) or a Razer Nabu which goes back on sale in a few days. I'm kind of intrigued by the wristband form factor, it doesn't offer as much real estate and it's harder to read an email or something, but it seems very cool for just glancing at the notifications and staying in the loop in a less intrusive way than a watch. On the other hand Android Wear seems to have many more features, full notifications, better interaction and full Google integration. And the watch is probably a better watch to keep time.

Either way I'm looking to spend not much more than $100 which means, the Moto 360, Asus Zenwatch, Razer Nabu or Gear Fit are my main options.

What are your thoughts?

I'm in the market for a wareable and I'm torn about what kind of wareable to get. The first option is some kind of fitness band like the Gear Fit (which works on the Oneplus one with a workaround) or a Razer Nabu which goes back on sale in a few days. I'm kind of intrigued by the wristband form factor, it doesn't offer as much real estate and it's harder to read an email or something, but it seems very cool for just glancing at the notifications and staying in the loop in a less intrusive way than a watch. On the other hand Android Wear seems to have many more features, full notifications, better interaction and full Google integration. And the watch is probably a better watch to keep time.

Either way I'm looking to spend not much more than $100 which means, the Moto 360, Asus Zenwatch, Razer Nabu or Gear Fit are my main options.

What are your thoughts?

Well, what is your style?  Personally I love my Moto 360.  Do you want like a fitness oriented wearable or a classic, it all depends.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Well, what is your style? Personally I love my Moto 360. Do you want like a fitness oriented wearable or a classic, it all depends.

Well it's a bit hard to say, since I don't actually have one and I'm not sure how I'll use it, for the most part I don't think I really will use the fitness features, but things like a silent alarm and waterproofing that fitness bands tend to have are pretty attractive

Well it's a bit hard to say, since I don't actually have one and I'm not sure how I'll use it, for the most part I don't think I really will use the fitness features, but things like a silent alarm and waterproofing that fitness bands tend to have are pretty attractive

The Nabu(in all honesty) is plain idiotic, very few people will have it so sharing contacts and all that will be almost useless.  The Zenwatch is okay but ASUS is not really known for their mobile devices, Gear Fit is really meant for fitness and finally the Moto 360 is my personal favorite and I think you should get it.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

The Nabu(in all honesty) is plain idiotic, very few people will have it so sharing contacts and all that will be almost useless. The Zenwatch is okay but ASUS is not really known for their mobile devices, Gear Fit is really meant for fitness and finally the Moto 360 is my personal favorite and I think you should get it.

How well does ambient display work?

How well does ambient display work?

get the gen2 moto 360.

gen1 moto360 is ok but with ambient display on its basically 1day battery.

only reason why i even leave ambient on is so that it detects my wrist gesture easier.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

get the gen2 moto 360.

gen1 moto360 is ok but with ambient display on its basically 1day battery.

only reason why i even leave ambient on is so that it detects my wrist gesture easier.

One day battery life is OK as long as that's like 16 hours. The second gen Moto 360 is really expensive, at least for me

One day battery life is OK as long as that's like 16 hours. The second gen Moto 360 is really expensive, at least for me

your mileage may vary but 16 hr should not be a problem with ambient on. unless you are a really heavy user with tons of notifications etc. but even in my worse case a 9am to 9pm day is not really a problem (notifications, lots of wrist movements since i was doing stuff all day so the screen turns on more than needed.)

without ambient you can pull 1 and a half days pretty easily from my experience, although this was pretty long ago on an old update, the battery has since gotten slightly better over updates.

Edited by bbqsauce

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Would you want to consider the Pebble series of smartwatches?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Would you want to consider the Pebble series of smartwatches?

Yes, except for how horrible the screens are.

Yes, except for how horrible the screens are.

But that screen which you call horrible gives you an edge in battery life.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

But that screen which you call horrible gives you an edge in battery life.

It's not actually that it's e-ink or black and white, it's the super low pixel density and bad viewing angles. My friend has a Pebble steel and the screen just sucks in my opinion, I'm guessing a higher res screen closer to the glass wouldn't hurt battery life and then I'd buy a Pebble