DominicNikon

a GTX 970 g1 gaming or a GTX 970FTW or a GTX970 FTW+?

970 G1 Gaming.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Why, it is better. Give a valid reason. Do not use the heat, or power consumption since the 970 is not much better.

Game stream and gforce experience 

reasoning? 

I have one, it's a fantastic card, runs quiet, cool, looks great, and overclocks like a beast.

i have a cx750m...

I have a CX600m... lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I have one, it's a fantastic card, runs quiet, cool, looks great, and overclocks like a beast.

I have a CX600m... lol

what games you play?

what games you play?

World of Tanks, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, GTA IV, Diablo III, Minecraft, etc..

World of Tanks, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online, GTA IV, Diablo III, Minecraft, etc..

i play minecraft and bf4

:) I am not into all this software junk since I find it all useless. Never have, never will use it.

AMD > nVidia

Last I checked, Nvidia wasn't falling into a pit that it won't be able to climb out of easily.

i play minecraft and bf4

Lol, then the 970 will do perfectly fine.

And ignore the shit that people are giving you about the CX PSU and such, they're perfectly fine, sure they're not the best out there, but they are quite far from being the worst.

And ignore the shit that people are giving you about the CX PSU and such, they're perfectly fine, sure they're not the best out there, but they are quite far from being the worst.

ok is the 3.5 gb a issue for you?

They are far from the the worst, but certainly are in the valley with many of the other bad ones.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

i am not going amd and whats wrong with my cx750m?

The quality of the power that CX series PSU's deliver aren't good for high end components, for basic/budget builds it's just fine, but a 970 isn't a good idea along a CX series

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

i play minecraft and bf4

Oh okay, well I know for a fact that in BF4 Nvidia cards get generally better FPS. I used to have a 760 and now I have a 290, which is almost as powerful as my friend's 970. I still average 10 less FPS than him in BF4, but I do crush in a couple other games. Minecraft, well a potato could run that.

Are you using Mantle?

Yep, still not as fast. I average 90-100 FPS maxed @1080p, so unless my friend is lying about 120 FPS maxed at 1080p, then it's slightly less optimized.

ok is the 3.5 gb a issue for you?

Not at all.

Yep, still not as fast. I average 90-100 FPS maxed @1080p, so unless my friend is lying about 120 FPS maxed at 1080p, then it's slightly less optimized.

120 fps maxed? I have to check but that seems like an awfully high number for a 970

what about the HX750i?

Get a SeaSonic M12II Evo or S12G. A lot cheaper and just as good.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I'll respond to the OP's query with the OP's best wishes in mind here since it seems that fanboys have invaded this topic with disrespectful answers indicative of their maturity levels.  OP I'd say go with the G1 out of those choices, but keep in mind that EVGA, MSI, ASUS, and GIGABYTE all put out great 970's and that you can't really go wrong with any of them.  Hell a lot of people are even liking Zotac cards now.  On topic; my reasoning is that the G1 model was largely reputed by many youtubers, (Linus being one of them), to of had the best cooling capabilities of all the 970's this time around.  I have a 980 ti G1, and I absolutely love it.  I went G1 for the amazing cooling solution, as well as their "improved binning process."  I think that second reason is just marketing, but I largely just wanted a change from my usual choice which was EVGA, if for no other reason than to try out new things.  I was not disappointed, and in fact I think my next card will be from Gigabyte as well, either them or Asus.  I'm aware that the 980 ti is a different card altogether than the 970, but I'm sure that the "G1" branding of cards all follow a somewhat similar set of manufacturing procedures.  

Oh signature time!  It's on now, gonna give ya somethin snarky and clever and think way too hard about this because I'm really concerned about what people on the internet think of me.  Better google some good quotes to put in here too.....oh wait I'm not a loser.

what about the HX750i?

Look, most Corsair PSUs are bad. Save the RMx series that just came out and the AXi series. I would suggest an EVGA SuperNOVA G2, GS, or P2, or a Seasonic model or even an XFX.

That is good, however it is a overpriced good.

I do not suggest Corsair PSUs. They are simply overproded.

Get any XFX or SeaSonic

Get any SuperFlower

Or an EVGA GS or G2

corsair or evga psus for me

120 fps maxed? I have to check but that seems like an awfully high number for a 970

Overpriced as fuck - Get a SeaSonic M12II Evo or S12G. A lot cheaper and just as good.

Delta are the main OEM for Antec

He's probably lyun'. My 290 is a pretty fast card though, I absolutely love it.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  Suits my needs more than fine.