Did I make the right decision? (Cost, Energy, Performance Wise)

GCInori

A while back, I build my first desktop pc.

The End. That's it.

I'm kidding.

This PC isn't the kind of thing you see often... (At least I think or so I hear...)

What? So does it have a custom cooling system or a modded case or something?

No, unfortunately it nothing that special.

However, it has two graphic cards.

Oh so it's an SLI or something you say?

No, it has a GTX and a Quadro running in the system.

I'll get to my question after you see my setup:

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme4

CPU: INTEL Core i5 4460

Memory (RAM): ADATA AX3U1600W4G11-DD (DDR3 PC3-12800 4GBx2)

Power: CORSAIR CX500M (500W)

GPU 1: NVIDIA Quadro K620 (2GB)

GPU 2: Palit GeForce GTX750Ti StormX Dual (2GB)

Case: ENERMAX Fulmo Q ECA3360B-GT

Storage: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (1TB)

Total cost (Approx.): 1010USD 

Now here's my question.

When I bought the parts for this computer I had three objectives in mind.

1. For it to be cheap. (I was aiming for 1000USD or so.)

2. For it to be able to most games at a decent to high setting. (For entertainment purposes.)

3. For it to be able to use Adobe CC and other media type software. (For educational purposes.)

The reason why I ask whether it was worth or not is because when I went to go and buy the part for this rig, the person at the store had some what of a puzzled look on his face.

He didn't seem to think that having a Quadro and a GTX in the same rig is a good idea.

I asked him why and he said that most people have two different rigs, one for gaming, one for video editing.

I told him that I couldn't spend money on two rigs and I only need the one and he some what sold me the parts.

My question is, What would you have done?

I would like to know what the people of linustechtips forum would do if they were to build a rig that had a GTX and a Quadro.

Do you even think it's a good idea in the first place?

Here are some rules so that we can compare your rig to mine.

1. The maximum limit you can spend is 1100USD.

2. Make sure you include a Quadro and a GTX.

3. Don't include second hand items or it will be unfair pricing wise.

4. You don't need to think about the screen, keyboard or mouse. Just the desktop itself.

It would be cool if you could explain why your rig would be better than mine.

REMEMBER: This rig is meant to be able to play games as well as render videos and all that cool stuff.

Here's a picture of my setup! :-)

post-265514-0-75589400-1443708537_thumb.

Have fun theory crafting! (or something.)

I don't get the point of this

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I don't get the point of this

I would like to know if I spent every single dime well in building the best rig that has a GTX and a Quadro in it within the budget of 1100USD.

I would like to know if I spent every single dime well in building the best rig that has a GTX and a Quadro in it within the budget of 1100USD.

Then why is your title "Is it worth it?"

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Then why is your title "Is it worth it?"

Then what would you make it.

Hmm the Quadro i use would need that budget alone. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Hmm the Quadro i use would need that budget alone. 

Hense the budget limit man lol

Then what would you make it.

"Did I make the right decision?"

"Did I make the right decision?"

Now do you think you can answer my question?

Now do you think you can answer my question?

No xD

I'm at work so don't really have time to go through a list. Might do when I get home tho.