My GTX 570 causing some type of crashing while playing

Tcbys

When I am playing certain games it appears my GPU crashes and my monitor goes into stand by mode as there is no video imput. Its strange in what games are doing this.

Battlefield 4 no issues on high settings at 1680x1050 res

Armored Warfare Closed Beta no issues

Elite Dangerous no issues

World of Tanks/World of Warships no issues

Warthunder no issues

Cities Skylines no issues

Smite no issues

Now heres the game it does crash or something in

Marvel Heroes

Kerbal Space Program

Mech Warrior online

XCom Emeny Unknown

Fallout New Vegas

This is quite perplexing as I can play hours in Battlefield 4 with no issues but as soon as I wanna play some Fallout New Vegas within 2 min of loading in it crashes.

I ran the Heaven Benchmark for over an hour no issues.

Heres my specs

GTX 570 non OCed

Intel core i5 4690k non OCed

8GB DDR3 Ram

A 600W PSU with a rating of 80 Plus (This is my PSU) OCZ StealthXstream II OCZ600SXS2 600W ATX12V v2.2/ EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Are you on the most up to date drivers?

Are you on the most up to date drivers?

Yes

When I am playing certain games it appears my GPU crashes and my monitor goes into stand by mode as there is no video imput. Its strange in what games are doing this.

Battlefield 4 no issues on high settings at 1680x1050 res

Armored Warfare Closed Beta no issues

Elite Dangerous no issues

World of Tanks/World of Warships no issues

Warthunder no issues

Cities Skylines no issues

Smite no issues

Now heres the game it does crash or something in

Marvel Heroes

Kerbal Space Program

Mech Warrior online

XCom Emeny Unknown

Fallout New Vegas

This is quite perplexing as I can play hours in Battlefield 4 with no issues but as soon as I wanna play some Fallout New Vegas within 2 min of loading in it crashes.

I ran the Heaven Benchmark for over an hour no issues.

Heres my specs

GTX 570 non OCed

Intel core i5 4690k non OCed

8GB DDR3 Ram

A 600W PSU with a rating of 80 Plus (This is my PSU) OCZ StealthXstream II OCZ600SXS2 600W ATX12V v2.2/ EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

maybe a reinstall of the drivers and dx11 would help

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Uh. Fallout New Vegas crashes if you look at it funny.

Are you running any mods? Have you revalidated the game files? Disabled all the DLC and run vanilla?

That game is still a buggy bag of joy even after all these years.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Uh. Fallout New Vegas crashes if you look at it funny.

Are you running any mods? Have you revalidated the game files? Disabled all the DLC and run vanilla?

That game is still a buggy bag of joy even after all these years.

The game isnt crashing my GPU is crashing as my monitor goes to sleep mode as no video connection is going to it. And I have to turn off my PC to fix it. If it was regular game crashing it would not result in me turning off my PC completely.

The game isnt crashing my GPU is crashing as my monitor goes to sleep mode as no video connection is going to it. And I have to turn off my PC to fix it. If it was regular game crashing it would not result in me turning off my PC completely.

Ahh that changes things. Strange that a game from 2010 would cause such a failure while more modern titles do not.

You've tried the latest drivers right? Maybe rollback to a driver from six months ago or so. Nvidia has been known to "accidentally" drop support for older cards after a time.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Ahh that changes things. Strange that a game from 2010 would cause such a failure while more modern titles do not.

You've tried the latest drivers right? Maybe rollback to a driver from six months ago or so. Nvidia has been known to "accidentally" drop support for older cards after a time.

Im gunna try that. Ill install a driver from a year ago and work from there.

It is quite strange on what games or anything thats causing this. I can run BF4 at high with 60 ish FPS and I can play for hours. But if I play a low intense title like Kerbal Space Program it tends to crash.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay was busy with school work and stuff.

But anyway I am still having issues. I did a brand new fresh install of Win 10 I formatted my HDD so there is nothing Nvidia on it. Installed drivers from Sep 2014 and still crashing during some games.

The Battlefront Beta works great at Med high settings at 60fps, A friend of mine gifted me Arkham Knight the game runs like crap 25 ish fps but no crashing of any kind of my GPU.

But now seems like crashing is happening much sooner than before. For Mech Warrior online it crashes as soon as I sign into my account. 

I am still having issues. I can play World of Tanks and World of Warships just fine. But as soon as I sign into Armored Warfare it crashes instantly.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a video memory stress test. No errors found. Driving me nuts.

I might of made a breakthough. I tweeked some settings in my BIOs releating to PCI stuff.

I tweeked PCI latency settings and something and something else. Seems to be working alright so far no crashes during mid match in Armored Warfare.