One day left to choose a Case For My Build.

rex8

I'm building my first pc for multi-tasking. I still can't decide on what case to get but do know what I need. ( No Rosewill cases)

-Has to be 8 inches or more wide for 212 Evo heat sink.

-Two or three 5.25 bays. One for DVD drive, the other for front fan controls and maybe something else cool.. idk yet. 

-One bay for ssd and another for 1 tb hd.

-One or more front usb 3.0 ports. I have lots of webcams and usb accessories.  

-More vents the better, I can make my own filter if needed. Two built in fans or ability to add more... Nothing flashy.

-Mid tower to full size.. I don't care if it's big. I really like the HAF 912 but it doesn't have front 3.0 usb..And I really like the Fractal R4. 

-I would prefer the power button to be on the front because I have a cat lol. 

Can extra usb ports be added to a 5.25 bay?.

-Should I go for the gtx 750ti or will something cheaper work for my needs? I would like to game some, but it's not the main goal for this build. I might play GTA 5 and COD.

So basically I'm open to suggestions on the case, video card, PSU and CPU.

I'm on a budget and have been doing research for a month on my parts and there are just so many options for a first time builder like me. 

This rig will be running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and a small partition for Windows. 

Is the amd fx 8350 or fx 6300 a better choice for video editing, music production, streaming webcams, running multiple programs.. etc. 8 cores just sounds so much better than 6 ;)

I need the MOBO and pcu to  last for years before I have to upgrade.

I would like to spend around $75 US on the case. I will be ordering the Case, Cpu and Power supply first.

Link for my parts   http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WNX4Lk

Thank you so much for reading and helping me out with this.. Please don't respond just to tell me to use Intel because AMD is junk. Non biased answers only please.. Preferably from people older than 18  ;)

-RARE inc-

I'm building my first pc for multi-tasking. I still can't decide on what case to get but do know what I need. ( No Rosewill cases)

-Has to be 8 inches or more wide for 212 Evo heat sink.

-Two or three 5.25 bays. One for DVD drive, the other for front fan controls and maybe something else cool.. idk yet. 

-One bay for ssd and another for 1 tb hd.

-One or more front usb 3.0 ports. I have lots of webcams and usb accessories.  

-More vents the better, I can make my own filter if needed. Two built in fans or ability to add more... Nothing flashy.

-Mid tower to full size.. I don't care if it's big. I really like the HAF 912 but it doesn't have front 3.0 usb..And I really like the Fractal R4. 

-I would prefer the power button to be on the front because I have a cat lol. 

Can extra usb ports be added to a 5.25 bay?.

-Should I go for the gtx 750ti or will something cheaper work for my needs? I would like to game some, but it's not the main goal for this build. I might play GTA 5 and COD.

So basically I'm open to suggestions on the case, video card, PSU and CPU.

I'm on a budget and have been doing research for a month on my parts and there are just so many options for a first time builder like me. 

This rig will be running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and a small partition for Windows. 

Is the amd fx 8350 or fx 6300 a better choice for video editing, music production, streaming webcams, running multiple programs.. etc. 8 cores just sounds so much better than 6 ;)

I need the MOBO and pcu to  last for years before I have to upgrade.

I would like to spend around $75 US on the case. I will be ordering the Case, Cpu and Power supply first.

Link for my parts         http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WNX4Lk

Thank you so much for reading and helping me out with this.

Get an H97 motherboard and a Xeon E3 1230v3. The AMD parts are pretty much dead in the water as far as useful life is concerned. They'll not last you years. Even in price to performance, they're not that competitive anymore. Trust me, 4 hyperthreaded Intel cores is much better than 8 integer cores held together with rubber bands and string (figuratively speaking). No, seriously, that is what AMD FX processors are. Sure, the Xeon is about $50 more, but it's a lot more powerful.

In all but the most heavily threaded workloads, AMD parts are terrible.

Get an H97 motherboard and a Xeon E3 1230v3. The AMD parts are pretty much dead in the water as far as useful life is concerned. They'll not last you years. Even in price to performance, they're not that competitive anymore. Trust me, 4 hyperthreaded Intel cores is much better than 8 integer cores held together with rubber bands and string (figuratively speaking). No, seriously, that is what AMD FX processors are. Sure, the Xeon is about $50 more, but it's a lot more powerful.

The xeon is rated 7.2 and the Fx 8350 is rated at 6.9 on CpuBoss. Not that big of a difference. I have done my research and  I have my heart set on building an AMD machine for my first build.. Remember, this isn't for gaming. 

-RARE inc-

The xeon is rated 7.2 and the Fx 8350 is rated at 6.9 on CpuBoss. Not that big of a difference. I have done my research and  I have my heart set on building an AMD machine for my first build.. Remember, this isn't for gaming. 

*facepalm* CPUBoss...

CPUBoss means absolutely nothing. It's not a reputable source. Look at the numbers. They come from nowhere. They factor how many cores they have and at what speed they run and use that as their "benchmark" or "Score". Look on any reputable benchmark website and you'll see that the Xeon blows the 8350 out of the water in every single case.

AMD CPUs are dead for now. AM3+ is 5 years old. Don't waste your money on old platforms.

*facepalm* CPUBoss...

CPUBoss means absolutely nothing. It's not a reputable source. Look at the numbers. They come from nowhere. They factor how many cores they have and at what speed they run and use that as their "benchmark" or "Score". Look on any reputable benchmark website and you'll see that the Xeon blows the 8350 out of the water in every single case.

AMD CPUs are dead for now. AM3+ is 5 years old. Don't waste your money on old platforms.

I'm looking for help choosing a case most importantly and AMD parts.. Thanks for your opinion, but I really want to try Amd because I'm on a budget. I'm not building a high end pc here. I've read the arguments about AMD and Intel for days. I'm using a 5 year old Hp and it works pretty good for my needs, So anything in the range of what I'm building is going to be a huge difference to me. I can't spend the extra $200 bucks to build an Intel machine right now. If it turns out that I hate it.. then I will build Intel next time. 

-RARE inc-