Best 2.5" HDD for Gaming?

Beeeyeee

Hey guys building a shnazy ITX build and I need 2.5" drives. I don't have money for a high capacity SSD so I will need a HDD to store my games, what is the best 2.5" HDD for just gaming?

The cheapest WD/Seagate 7200rpm drive.

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

Well, if you want a 2.5" drive, the best ones are SSDs. They are more expensive, but they are small.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

umm i think theres no 2.5" HDD for PC its only for Laptop

A laptop hard drive can be used in a dekstop, it is still SATA, cables are the same.

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Hey guys building a shnazy ITX build and I need 2.5" drives. I don't have money for a high capacity SSD so I will need a HDD to store my games, what is the best 2.5" HDD for just gaming?

Doesn't really matter.

You should simply pick a HDD from a well known manufacturer like Western Digital or Seagate with a high RPM.

If you still want that little extra in performance I would recommend a Western Digital black drive.

umm i think theres no 2.5" HDD for PC its only for Laptop

Okay... This comment needs some kind of reward.  :lol:

TO CLARIFY:

2.5" HDDs DO exist, they are usually for laptops, but are also made for desktops

MOST 2.5" laptop HDDs use the same SATA and SATA power cables, so they work in desktops as well

SOME 2.5" laptop HDDs use MicroSATA, and need an adapter, which are cheap.

1.8" SSDs do exist with MicroSATA, and are TINY. I do not know if HDDs exist in this form factor

Solitaire. 

Solitaire. 

Its for this (unreleased) case. its as small as can be and only supports 2.5" drives thats why I asked for it guys haha. so no 3.5" drive or adapters. there are plenty of 2.5" HDD's guys. look on any PC retailer's website. I know most 2.5" drives can't preform quite as well, so to work with what I've got, what will preform best?

thats the one I was looking at. either two of these in RAID or the WD blue 1tb. the blacks will cost twice as much. but I don't know if the extra preformance is really worth it.

1.8" SSDs do exist with MicroSATA, and are TINY. I do not know if HDDs exist in this form factor

They do exist. There are drives that reach from 40 to 120GB of storage, but they are super expensive.

Only Toshiba makes them as it seems.

They do exist. There are drives that reach from 40 to 120GB of storage, but they are super expensive.

Only Toshiba makes them as it seems.

I'm actually using one as my boot drive, i pulled it out of a laptop xD

Solitaire.