My 5820k can't overclock.

My 5820k cannot overclock what so ever,i have nzxt kraken x61, its always cool. So its base speed is 3.3ghz, and turbo boost is 3.6. So i slowly tried overclocking and i've only been stable at 3.6ghz, and there is no point into that since i get it from turbo boost. I even, no fucking joke, put the volt at 1.39+ just to get 3.8ghz, and it didnt work. Please someone freakin help me.

sounds like you lost the silicon lottery my friend. either that, or you're doing it wrong. I assume you're using core ratios, as opposed to upping the baseclock.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Sounds like you lost the silicon lottery.

(have you enabled overclocking in the BIOS?)

is there anyway of re entering and winning this silicon lottery? lol, i really am pissed that MOST people at able to go 4+ and im stuck here at stock, cuz wtf is the k for then? Yes im using the bios correctly, im no noob at this stuff :P im just looking for a way to see if i can do something in order to have an overclock

is there anyway of re entering and winning this silicon lottery? lol, i really am pissed that MOST people at able to go 4+ and im stuck here at stock, cuz wtf is the k for then? Yes im using the bios correctly, im no noob at this stuff :P im just looking for a way to see if i can do something in order to have an overclock

well the only way to re-enter is to get a new chip, it seems this one must've literally just met the standard

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

What motherboard and ram are you using?

I've got a horrible overclocker, but I can still get 4Ghz with 1.14volts.

That sounds like some messed up stuff not silicon lottery.

Have you followed the guide for your mobo and if I may ask what is that mobo and what are the rest of your build specs?

Or tried reseating the chip or ram slots etc. Seriously that is beyond what is reasonable to expect to be wrong with the chip so we need some help here.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

what is the blck and cpu strap?

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

blck is baseclock or FSB speeds

unless you have enabled XMP you will get 125MHz

otherwise your base clock should only be 100MHz

that is way a lot of voltage

reset the clocks and do it again

just use only 100MHz base clock and with stock voltages, adjust the multiplier

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

blck is baseclock or FSB speeds

unless you have enabled XMP you will get 125MHz

otherwise your base clock should only be 100MHz

that is way a lot of voltage

reset the clocks and do it again

just use only 100MHz base clock and with stock voltages, adjust the multiplier

That sounds like some messed up stuff not silicon lottery.

Have you followed the guide for your mobo and if I may ask what is that mobo and what are the rest of your build specs?

Or tried reseating the chip or ram slots etc. Seriously that is beyond what is reasonable to expect to be wrong with the chip so we need some help here.

What motherboard and ram are you using?

I've got a horrible overclocker, but I can still get 4Ghz with 1.14volts.

my cpu is obv 5820, my motherboard is ASUS X99-A ATX DDR4 3000 LGA Motherboard X99-A, my ram is corsair 16gb ddr4 2666mhz 4x4

my cpu is obv 5820, my motherboard is ASUS X99-A ATX DDR4 3000 LGA Motherboard X99-A, my ram is corsair 16gb ddr4 2666mhz 4x4

you got a good board

go to the BIOS and look at the places where you can adjust just your multiplier

it should be auto now but you can modify it to 40 times 100MHz for 4GHz

make sure all cores are sync for stable OC

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Are you able to use the Asus oc software. Dual intelligent processor 5. I have been using it today with my 5820k. I managed to get an oc of 4.90.