Good Stability Test?

Khajiit Dealer

I want to test my PSU to make sure it's able to hold out under extreme load. Is there a test I can do for this? And yes, before you ask I have a CX750W so my main concern is temperatures. No, I won't replace it unless it breaks. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

Run the most demanding game that you have.

Prime95 if you want boom booms

Aida64 if you dont

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Run the most demanding game that you have.

I put Total War: Attila on maximum settings and ran its benchmark, is that the sort of thing you're talking about? 

Prime95 if you want boom booms

Aida64 if you dont

I'd rather my PSU not explode during a test lol. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

AIDA64 Extreme

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

either a highly demanding game (GTA V-esque), or A CPU and GPU stress test simultaneously.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I put Total War: Attila on maximum settings and ran its benchmark, is that the sort of thing you're talking about? 

I'd rather my PSU not explode during a test lol. 

Yes.

Running a CPU stress test is only going to stress the CPU,. So instead of having to run stress tests for both components, just run a demanding game.

Yes.

Running a CPU stress test is only going to stress the CPU,. So instead of having to run stress tests for both components, just run a demanding game.

My big concern is extended periods of time, as the area around my PSU tends to get warmer as time goes on.

What would you suggest doing in that case? 

Prime95 + GPUTest

Chose Blend Test in Prime95, enter your max amount of memory minus 1.5GB (more or less, just check how much "available memory" you have in your task manager, for example I have 5.7GB available out of 8GB, so I'd put 5.7GB in prime)

Run both at the same time for at least a couple hours.

If your system is stable, it should not crash or anything.

If you're thinking about temperatures, you could open the side panel during that time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

My big concern is extended periods of time, as the area around my PSU tends to get warmer as time goes on.

What would you suggest doing in that case? 

It shouldn't be getting too hot. How do you have it mounted in your case?

It shouldn't be getting too hot. How do you have it mounted in your case?

It's mounted in the bottom of the back. I will take a picture of the inside, give me 5 minutes. 

Just run your typical cpu + gpu stress test. If it goes boom, then you know that it wasn't stable enough. :)