Sata III

So guys I was wondering, what's a good Sata III motherboard for an AM3+ chip? I need Sata III for an SSD I'm soon to be getting Thanks!

Pretty much any that can properly run an FX8.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Pretty much any that can properly run an FX8.

The motherboard I have atm is only Sata II and I am running an Fx 8350

switch to intel

i've considered saying this...

but i thought to myself OP may be happy with his FX. so i didnt mention it.

Asustek M5A97 LE R2

One of the most robust AMD boards around.

Intel. Intel at this point has outstripped AMD in terms of standard compatibility.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-970aslikraitedition

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-970gaming

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Asustek M5A97.

One of the most robust AMD boards around.

thats a sexy motherboard... except asus' brown PCB hype...

And probably burning a hole in the board in the process. 

I wouldn't bother with any <$90 boards with an FX8, so I'd just stick with what you have and run the SSD on sata 2.

Considering your 8350 is paired with a 750Ti, overclocking your 8350 won't matter, so your board is acceptable (I'd still probably underclock it tbh). So I don't see the point in wasting $90~ on a motherboard just for sata III. While SSDs really need to be on Sata III to leverage their max speeds, the biggest advantage to an SSD is the lower latency, which you will still experience on Sata II. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

And probably burning a hole in the board in the process. 

I wouldn't bother with any <$90 boards with an FX8, so I'd just stick with what you have and run the SSD on sata 2.

Considering your 8350 is paired with a 750Ti, overclocking your 8350 won't matter, so your board is acceptable (I'd still probably underclock it tbh). So I don't see the point in wasting $90~ on a motherboard just for sata III. While SSDs really need to be on Sata III to leverage their max speeds, the biggest advantage to an SSD is the lower latency, which you will still experience on Sata II. 

I enjoy my FX-8350. It stays at a cool 23 degrees-30 degrees constantly. It has a Hyper 212 Evo on it so its amazingly cold.

thats a sexy motherboard... except asus' brown PCB hype...

What?

Look at edited reply.

I enjoy my FX-8350. It stays at a cool 23 degrees-30 degrees constantly. It has a Hyper 212 Evo on it so its amazingly cold.

Yeah, that's not what I meant. I meant you'd burn the VRMs. 

That board can't properly run the FX8, it certainly can't handle an overclocked FX8. 

Also, What's with everyone hating on my Fx-8350? xD

It offers pretty poor performance all things considering; and is outclassed in most games by even an i3. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, that's not what I meant. I meant you'd burn the VRMs. 

That board can't properly run the FX8, it certainly can't handle an overclocked FX8. 

It offers pretty poor performance all things considering; and is outclassed in most games by even an i3. 

Actually The PcPartPicker URL is outdated. It was the wrong motherboard. I changed it now, but even then, I like the 8350, and I don't see how its outclassed by an i3.

What?

Look at edited reply.

asus uses (dark) brown pcbs on all their mobos except the really fancy stuff..

in the right light it's fine, but sometimes... they end up looking rather shitty... (pun intended...)

Actually The PcPartPicker URL is outdated. It was the wrong motherboard. I changed it now, but even then, I like the 8350, and I don't see how its outclassed by an i3.

because people see intel's ipc and drool all over it.

in streaming -for example- the FX parts are actually notable compared to a lower end i5 (like the 4460)

So should I go for a SATA III motherboard or stick with my SATA II? Is it worth the upgrade?

in streaming -for example- the FX parts are actually notable compared to a lower end i5 (like the 4460)

The Fx-8350 is a very popular cpu and for good reason. It offers amazing performance for a low price. Especially with games that offer better multi-core optimization. 

I know, and I stand by my previous statement. That board can't properly handle an FX8 cpu. 

In streaming, your right, an FX8 is usually the better choice, but solely because it provides extra cores for streaming. For just gaming it's not even close. 

So should I go for a SATA III motherboard or stick with my SATA II? Is it worth the upgrade?

Stick with Sata II and never overclock. 

The Fx-8350 is a very popular cpu and for good reason. It offers amazing performance for a low price. Especially with games that offer better multi-core optimization. 

It offers acceptable performance for the same price as a superior i5. For gaming an i5 wins, no contest. For rendering on a very tight budget, or for streaming on a very tight budget, then an FX8 wins. 

I can count the number of games where the extra cores from an FX8 actually prove to be beneficial on one hand. In 99.99% of cases, even a locked i5 will outperform an FX9590.  

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

the ipc is a joke tho...

i've seen an fx8350 perform less than half as good in single threaded applications than an i7 4770...

(i still think that guy screwed up his cooler somehow...)

the ipc is a joke tho...

i've seen an fx8350 perform less than half as good in single threaded applications than an i7 4770...

iirc an FX8350 has the IPC of around a Q6600.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

the ipc is a joke tho...

I mean its an i7 4770 Ivrybridge. Its pretty top of the line. The FX-9590 is supposed to compete with the i5 3900s-4400s isn't it?

iirc an FX8350 has the IPC of around a Q6600.

I seem to forget what IPC means. Explain it to me please

I seem to forget what IPC means. Explain it to me please

instructions per cycle.

it basicly describes the speed of a single core, in a way thats not dependant on clock speed.