Looking for a new graphics card

Go to solution Solved by Mohenjo,

i have 8G of ram so that should be enough, just in case you missed " there are a few different r9 390, is there any in particular that would be better if is it just a brand and price difference?"

i heard sapphire makes a good r9 390. all i know for sure is dont get the asus one, people seem to not like it alot 

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card. I'm currently using a amd radeon hd 6950 and i don't know what would be compatible with my cpu and motherboard, i have a amd phenom 2 x4 965 and my motherboard is a asus crosshair IV formula. I am looking to spend round 300$. I mostly play fps games and mmo games that don't require a lot of graphics but i would still have a card where i don't need to upgrade to play newer games at ultra settings. so what would you recommend?  

r9 390. but i would recommend upgrading your cpu and motherboard 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

How about an R9 390?

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

r9 390. but i would recommend upgrading your cpu and motherboard 

Do you think that my cpu and motherboard would bottleneck a card like the r9 930? and if so what kind of cpu and motherboard would solve that issue?

Do you think that my cpu and motherboard would bottleneck a card like the r9 930? and if so what kind of cpu and motherboard would solve that issue?

ok first off what power supply do you have? 

and here is what you should get 

CPU - i5 4460 

MOBO - anything in your price range, no need for a z97. a h97 would do 

and then you will have a beast of a setup 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

ok first off what power supply do you have? 

and here is what you should get 

CPU - i5 4460 

MOBO - anything in your price range, no need for a z97. a h97 would do 

and then you will have a beast of a setup 

I have a cougar 700W

and there are a few different r9 390, is there any in particular that would be better if is it just a brand and price difference?

I have a cougar 700W

ok that should be good enough, so get an r9 390 first. there will be some bottleneck but you will still get a large performance gain. then when you happen upon more money upgrade your cpu and motherboard. and if you only have 4gb of ram upgrade that to 8 

ok that should be good enough, so get an r9 390 first. there will be some bottleneck but you will still get a large performance gain. then when you happen upon more money upgrade your cpu and motherboard. and if you only have 4gb of ram upgrade that to 8 

i have 8G of ram so that should be enough, just in case you missed " there are a few different r9 390, is there any in particular that would be better if is it just a brand and price difference?"

i heard sapphire makes a good r9 390. all i know for sure is dont get the asus one, people seem to not like it alot 

Alright, thanks for your help i really appreciate it