B&w p5 series 2 thoughts?

Tattsyrup

What are your thoughts on the b&w p5 series 2?

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Any other headphones you would recommend?

Will be used as my portable headphones as already have a pair of sennheiser hd598s for home use.

Will be used as my portable headphones as already have a pair of sennheiser hd598s for home use.

From my experience with B&W products, they're exceptional. 

Sound quality is excellent.

Just looking at some reviews of the P5 Series 2, seems they're really good.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Thy are probably good.

They are definatly overpriced (thats just looking at sound quality, if you look at build and finish they probably are better)

They are a luxury product, so not the best bang/buck

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thy are probably good.

They are definatly overpriced

what would be better for my money?

Thy are probably good.

They are definatly overpriced (thats just looking at sound quality, if you look at build and finish they probably are better)

They are a luxury product, so not the best bang/buck

what else offers great sound quality. I was looking at the akg 550s but can't stand the looking of them.

what would be better for my money?

Check out the PSB M4U headphones too. They suit most people and are very well received.

They get good reviews, so don't worry about alternatives too much. Another option I would like to point out, however, is the Kef M500.

They get good reviews, so don't worry about alternatives too much. Another option I would like to point out, however, is the Kef M500.

the kefs look very nice and get good review they are a bit expensive though . I'm in UK and they are £40 more.

the kefs look very nice and get good review they are a bit expensive though . I'm in UK and they are £40 more.

You will be happy with the B&W I'm sure. [emoji4]

Check out the PSB M4U headphones too. They suit most people and are very well received.

they are noise cancelling which I personally don't like the sound or feeling that the noise canelling makes.

they are noise cancelling which I personally don't like the sound or feeling that the noise canelling makes.

They have non noise cancelling models. They come in two variants, active noise cancelling and conventional (type 2 and type 1 respectively).