Any beyerdynamic DT990 owners? Got a question

To what extend can you guys hear outside noise with these headphones? Mechanical keyboard clicking? Mouse clicking? Maybe even you PC fans when ramped up?

How open is open? And especially how open are the DT990s? (Idk if there is a whole lot of difference between DT 990s and DT 990 EDITIONs - I am looking at the EDITION-version) thanks for your answers.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

To what extend can you guys hear outside noise with these headphones? Mechanical keyboard clicking? Mouse clicking? Maybe even you PC fans when ramped up?

How open is open? And especially how open are the DT990s? (Idk if there is a whole lot of difference between DT 990s and DT 990 EDITIONs - I am looking at the EDITION-version) thanks for your answers.

Depends on the volume. At full volume, you can't hear anything else.

I don't think I have the Editions... But these are pretty open!

EDIT: They're also very comfortable; I could literally wear them for hours and still not feel them. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask as I have my pair on my ears right now.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I've got a pair. How open are they? About as open as any other open headphone and because of that you're gonna hear things outside if music isn't playing and if you do play music and you're around people they'll here what you're playing. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Depends on the volume. At full volume, you can't hear anything else.

I don't think I have the Editions... But these are pretty open!

EDIT: They're also very comfortable; I could literally wear them for hours and still not feel them. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask as I have my pair on my ears right now.

I guess at full volume they're more like speakers and by far to loud to wear. I am talking about the average gaming session and that is probably not quiet as loud as a music session.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

I've got a pair. How open are they? About as open as any other open headphone and because of that you're gonna hear things outside if music isn't playing and if you do play music and you're around people they'll here what you're playing.

I basically do not have any experience. With open heaphones. Maybe 1 hour of listening at most.

My questions is what will I hear from the noises my setup produces. There are not people in my room disrupting my gaming sessions.

3.Use

I guess at full volume they're more like speakers and by far to loud to wear. I am talking about the average gaming session and that is probably not quiet as loud as a music session.

It depends on what you're driving them with. But for the average gaming session, it'd be very excellent. I recommend you try to find a volume at which the sounds in your headphones seem like they're actually around you (the sweet spot).

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I basically do not have any experience. With open heaphones. Maybe 1 hour of listening at most.

My questions is what will I hear from the noises my setup produces. There are not people in my room disrupting my gaming sessions.

Yeah. I answered them. If you ain't playin a game or listening to music then of course you'll hear things. Gaming, listening to music will drown out most outside noise but not all because they're open. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Can I ask why you want them? I mean, I say i have them but I don't use them. My Sennheiser HD6's are far superior in my opinion. 

Can I ask why you want them? I mean, I say i have them but I don't use them. My Sennheiser HD6's are far superior in my opinion. 

Probably because they're a good headphone.

They dont let in that much sound as a lot of people who have never tried open headphones generally think.

Depending what is happening around you it obviously varies, as for mouse clicks and keyboards it varies on your gear as for me my steelseries rival mouse is not noticeable but my k65 is quite noticeable if I am typing but not if I am gaming as I dont lift of keys as much.

Something I will say is make sure you get the straight cable version dont do what I did and buy the coiled cable without realising it adds so much weight on your head.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Turn up the volume on anything and it will down out other sounds. At proper listening volumes you probably won't notice most regular noises.

Turn up the volume on anything and it will down out other sounds. At proper listening volumes you probably won't notice most regular noises.

You could hear MX blue or IBM model m, I could with my k7xx

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Then you weren't listening loud enough! [emoji2]

Well I have Browns with o-rings so they are by far not as loud so ... I should be fine, right?

3.Use

Then you weren't listening loud enough! [emoji2]

Well I do not want to damage my ears. I know that you can in most cases shut noises out by upping th volume. And in my case with the Bose AE2s noises have to be stupidly loud to bother me but still you sometimes reach uncomfortable listening levels if you want to drown the noise with music... And that kind of defeats the purpose of music for me.

3.Use

They dont let in that much sound as a lot of people who have never tried open headphones generally think.

Depending what is happening around you it obviously varies, as for mouse clicks and keyboards it varies on your gear as for me my steelseries rival mouse is not noticeable but my k65 is quite noticeable if I am typing but not if I am gaming as I dont lift of keys as much.

Something I will say is make sure you get the straight cable version dont do what I did and buy the coiled cable without realising it adds so much weight on your head.

You're right. I always thought about typing, but when typing the noise doesn't bother me and when gaming I am not really lifting fingers as much and in addition I have o-rings on my browns so...

I think wouldn't have issues with open heaphones or in this case the 990s specifically. I yet have to try them life in a shop to take a decision.

3.Use

Thanks to everybody who took is time to answer so far.

3.Use

Well I do not want to damage my ears. I know that you can in most cases shut noises out by upping th volume. And in my case with the Bose AE2s noises have to be stupidly loud to bother me but still you sometimes reach uncomfortable listening levels if you want to drown the noise with music... And that kind of defeats the purpose of music for me.

Was joking buddy.

Was joking buddy.

You also may have been right, a while ago I relized I wasn't listening to my music loud enough.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just buy them If you don't like them just return them.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s