Could this IEM be resurrected? (Muffled sound on right, broken cables)

Ohbollocks

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone has any experience which such unique cases of faulty IEMs and so on.

The history of this particular IEM (UE 700), is that it has been re terminated two times due to the usual faulty 3.5 jack/broken wire issue. However, as time progress, faults started to arise elsewhere.

Left Channel: Apparently, the cable has to be bend at a certain angle for sound to be produced but the sound is still crisp and clear. The area which I had to bend was the connecting point between the wire & the iems itself, hence I suspect this to be a mere case of a broken wire.

Right Channel: The sound is definitely not as crisp as the sound on the left. There is still sound, but it seems to be muffled and distorted. Has the driver been damaged or broken in this side? 

I understand that reshelling may fix the cable issues but there is still the possibility of a faulty right-side driver, rendering the expensive reshelling costs a waste. Therefore, I was wondering if the community has any thoughts and opinions oh how I could fix this IEMs or so? 

Any help is appreciated :)

Don't you have some other IEMs that don't work where you could test your soldering skills before trying to repair those?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Only if you are really really good with a soldering iron can you fix these delicate items.

Don't you have some other IEMs that don't work where you could test your soldering skills before trying to repair those?

I will have to be honest that I prolly have an absolute zero experience in soldering.  This IEM has been collecting dust on the shelf and since my main IEM is on repair, I was attempting to seek solutions to hopefully get this spare to work. 

I will have to be honest that I prolly have an absolute zero experience in soldering.  This IEM has been collecting dust on the shelf and since my main IEM is on repair, I was attempting to seek solutions to hopefully get this spare to work. 

You could give it a shot and test your soldering skills on some other thin wires, but be aware that you could damage your IEMs if you don't do things correctly.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.